Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By tomatoattack Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:50 pm
Mpcisfun wrote:Is there a way to launch an individual clip without selecting the track its on?

I can think of two ways.

Wherever you are, in whatever mode, or track you can:Press and hold the LAUNCH-Config button. I am not thinking about Launch buttons at the right side, but one at the left side. Just above Note-Config.

In whatever mode you are you can press and hold that LAUNCH button and all your clips will be displayed - you can then press a clip which you want to launch. After you release the LAUNCH button it will get you back to wherever you were before you pressed LAUNCH. That was a nice surprise for me when I discovered it accidently.

Another way of doing it is that you press and hold SHIFT + that same Launch button and then you will get more options. Just untick*uncheck "Tapping a clip selects it '' option and after that you will be able to launch any clip in any track without that track being selected once that clip is launched.

Manual - page 44 - they explain second way probably better then myself.

You may think: the second example is just what you might need. That's what I was thinking, however later in my workflow I figured out that I miss "Tapping a clip selects it" so I enabled it and I am launching my clips from the first technique I described (press and hold LAUNCH-Convig key and then fire up any clip).

I love my Force every day more and more.