Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By tomatoattack Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:58 pm
So I am having a hard time understanding this. I set up MIDI learn and everything seems to be working to some degree. Allow me to explain further details.

Load empty project.

Load Drum group. Load kit. Go to say A1.

Menu-Midi Learn-Source A01-Target-Mixer- I select Send 1. I tweak the knob on my MIDI controller and it works. Send 1 level is changing and on the Force graphical interface, I can see it moving as I move the knob on my MIDI controller.

Everything seems to be fine.

Now, this:
Menu-Midi Learn-Source A01-Target-Track (target track instead of the mixer) and at the very top of the list there is the very first parameter called "Tuning".

I select it and tweak another knob. I can definitely hear that Tuning is working but what Tuning??? Which parameter is that?? It surely isn't the ones on the SAMPLES tab where you can Tune and Fine-tune. These are not changing visually as I move the knob in my MIDI controller. Yet I hear audible tuning.

Below in the list, I can find parameters called Layer 1 Semi Tune and Layer 1 Fine Tune.

If I select for example "Layer 1 semi Tune" instead of "Tune" which is at the top of the list - the result is the same but now on the SAMPLES tab, I actually see the Tuning value is changing as I move the knob.

My point is there's a "Tune" parameter that is at the top of the list when you try to MIDI learn it, but this parameter is nowhere shown on the instrument itself, thus making it impossible to know or to read the value?? And no it's not Global Tune.

What "Tune" parameter represents on A01 (or any given pad) and where I can read it on the Force interface?

My second problem is that when I try to load Keygroup and then I go to MIDI Learn -

Menu-Midi Learn-Source-nameofmypatch-Target-Track - I only see 6 parameters???
Program Polyphony
Global Semi Tune
Global Fine Tune
Portamento Time
Port Legato
Port Quantize

None of the envelopes or filter parameters are not available for midi to learn? Why? When in Drum mode all parameters seem to be accessible. But in Keygroup there is only 6 parameters mentioned above.

I must be doing something very wrong?
By voonta Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:59 pm
According to the manual (page 182 v3.1.4) there are 2 tuning knobs in each drum pad. SEMI will change the coarse tune 36 semitones up or down, FINE will allow you to change the tuning up or down 99 cents.

Sounds like you found a bug if the knobs in the drum pad ui don't move. But you are screaming into the void on this forum, Akai don't even participate or monitor it apparently.

You could always contact their support and report a bug, but they probably won't read it and definitely won't reply.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:15 pm
voonta wrote:But you are screaming into the void on this forum, Akai don't even participate or monitor it apparently.

They don't participate, but apparently they do monitor.

You could always contact their support and report a bug, but they probably won't read it and definitely won't reply.

There is a dedicated bug report link in the MPC Software, so I think it's fair to assume they want to receive this type of feedback. But yes, they probably won't reply :lol:
By tomatoattack Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:27 am
I don't expect reply from them. I will post this bug in their UI. It's definitely not moving visually when MIDI mapped but audible tuning can be heard. How can we expect for them to fix this if we don't respond and report? I mean they probably can't monitor all things at once and they are working on other stuff so I'll report this and expect nothing in return.

Can anyone more experienced than me (practically everyone here) comment my findings and issues in Keygroup MIDI mapping.

It seems bizarre that I can not map any performance parameter. Yet all these parameters are available for automation within OS itself. Example Keygroup filter cutoff of keygroup 1-Layer 1.