Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BostonGreen Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:55 am
I must be misunderstanding your issue, but double click the same length field will bring up a popup, allowing you to set its length (or q-links 3&4). Max length is 20 minutes
By blipson Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:07 am
I tap and double tap all over the area in the sampler where it says "MAX LENGTH," but nothing ever happens to enable me change it. Notice in my video how the focus stays on the threshold vertical slider while I'm tapping on the "MAX LENGTH" area of the screen. What am I doing wrong?
By BostonGreen Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:22 am
blipson wrote:I tap and double tap all over the area in the sampler where it says "MAX LENGTH," but nothing ever happens to enable me change it. Notice in my video how the focus stays on the threshold vertical slider while I'm tapping on the "MAX LENGTH" area of the screen. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, just realised you're on the Force .... I'm on MPC One. Mine works as expected as per my comment above, so really don't know what to suggest.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:20 am
So when you tap that it should get the red highlight line around it. At that point you can turn the data wheel - I just tested this in 3.1.3, no problem. So, not sure why that isn't working for you, but make sure you are running the latest firmware and maybe try MENU > PREFERENCES > RESET PREFERENCES

The other way to change the length is to hold down the KNOBS button, select SCREEN and the minutes and seconds are controllable via the Qlinks.
By blipson Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:18 pm
A couple of restarts later, and the problem has disappeared. I did verify that that part of the screen was functional for other things, so apparently this is a firmware glitch. I do have the KNOBS>Screen trick as a backup that doesn't require max length to have the focus to change it, so thanks for that.