Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Zae Zur Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:37 am
Curious if when using one of the Tascam mixers to expand the IO in the Force, and you assign your Force tracks to the different mixer channels, will this let you multi-track into a DAW? I know the Tascam Model mixers have multitrack audio over USB so I assume this would work but does anyone have experience doing this? Does it work?

I use mostly Elektron boxes which have Overbridge that seamlessly sends multitrack audio into DAW. However I have been recording my Elektrons through a mixer into the Force, assembling my scene in the Force and then saving an Ableton file from the Force. I would like to bypass this step and be able to record my beats and samples from the Force, through the Tascam directly into live on different tracks. Please holler if this is possible.
By Koekepan Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:34 am
I don't know about your exact situation, but here's what I've achieved:

Force -> USB -> Behringer U-phoria UMC1820 -> audio cables -> Tascam DP-32SD.

It's multitracking, and expanding the Force's outputs over USB into a range of output channels, then ingesting them into the portastudio as a multitracked result. The question is what your interface is between your DAW and your Tascam, you can't simultaneously use the USB on the Tascam to expand the Force and act as a DAW input.
By Koekepan Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:44 pm
USB isn't really friendly to that sort of approach. In principle, Firewire/IEEE1394 would have been nicer for that, but the world went in a different direction.