Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By ds0 Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:12 pm
I'm having some trouble getting the phrasing for this question right, and there may be an alternative answer to achieving what I'd like, so please bear with me.

I have notes in a clip that are playing in a loop, and that I want the LAST note of that loop to continue when the loop repeats itself. Right now, the chosen note is stopping where the loop does, and immediately starting again when the loop goes back to the beginning.

1) Is there a way to do this, or to work around this limitation with loops?
2) Is there a common term for this kind of behaviour in a DAW?
By allreddv Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:42 am
You can adjust how notes at the end of a loop work in the settings menu.

Menu/Settings/Sequencer

You will see option for how clips and notes work at the end of clips and if they can overlap into the next clip. Page 76 of the manual discusses in more detail.
By ds0 Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm
allreddv wrote:You can adjust how notes at the end of a loop work in the settings menu.

Menu/Settings/Sequencer

You will see option for how clips and notes work at the end of clips and if they can overlap into the next clip. Page 76 of the manual discusses in more detail.

Thanks! That did the trick. Wound up being page 63 for my pdf copy.

For anyone else's future reference, the option was "playback note length". I set it to "as recorded".