Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SnowMetal Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:41 am
In this performance, I use only the stock Drum Tracks and plugins inside the Force, to see if they can stack up to my superior performance techniques (LOL). If you want to see another video explaining how I set everything up in this work, please leave a comment letting me know.

By Koekepan Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:44 pm
Pretty good stuff there.

I do like to do my own sound design within the Force for things like risers as well (so call me crazy) because you can do a lot with the samples already in there, augmented with effects and changing the sample playback parameters. I like to grab a nice, long ride cymbal sample, reverse it, and then change the envelopes on it.
By SnowMetal Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:03 pm
Koekepan wrote:Pretty good stuff there.

Thank you; I appreciate you!

Koekepan wrote:I do like to do my own sound design within the Force for things like risers as well (so call me crazy) because you can do a lot with the samples already in there, augmented with effects and changing the sample playback parameters. I like to grab a nice, long ride cymbal sample, reverse it, and then change the envelopes on it.

Oh, there are absolutely enough resources to get the job done, certainly. Even most of the synths have a proper noise engine and filter. I just wanted something immediate, and I didn't think my addition of FX would take away from the "Force only" nature of the composition.

Thank you for watching. :)
By SnowMetal Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:40 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:It's probably a genre thing, but I'd rather have more dynamics between the elements. In your mix, everything is very loud, up front and in your face pretty much all the time, which makes it a bit of a numbing experience. :) But like I said it could be just that the genre is like that.

I totally understand what you mean with the dynamics, lol. When I play live, out of 600 or so shows, almost all of them I played between 2am and 5am, and most of them were outdoors. Since I'm generally competing against DJ's playing ultra-compressed bangers, I need to keep my material nice and loud. Nonetheless, even if it's not your thing, I really appreciate you watching. :)
By EnochLight Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:59 pm
SnowMetal wrote:When I play live, out of 600 or so shows, almost all of them I played between 2am and 5am, and most of them were outdoors. Since I'm generally competing against DJ's playing ultra-compressed bangers, I need to keep my material nice and loud.

I think you're a perfect case example illustrating that Force can absolutely be used in a live setting. :worthy: