Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SnowMetal Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:28 pm
NOTE: HD processing is taking unusually long for this video.

Unfortunately, there is no multiband compressor in the Akai Force. In this video, I show you how to use different instances of the same signal to achieve this valuable tool in the Force.

By allreddv Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:27 pm
Nice video, glad to see more tutorial content for the Force. The more people use the Force and help bring public focus on it, the more likely it is for Akai to improve it. It is interesting to see your take on the Force because in many ways we use it very differently so I like seeing fresh perspectives.
By Koekepan Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:59 pm
I would really like to see a daughterducker, which offers multiband sidechain compression, ideally with parameterised bands.

This would enable doing things like layering vocals over a sonically dense bed so that they are still audible, while leaving the irrelevant bands untouched.
By allreddv Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:53 pm
Agreed.

First though, in my opinion what I would like to see is a well made visual multi band EQ. Even a simple one like EQ 8 from Ableton would be a huge step up from what we have, but something more along the lines of the better EQ plugins would be best. It is sorely needed.

Compression and EQ are so critical I wish they would focus on getting that really dialed in before adding more less common effects like they have been. I love new effects as much as the next user but I find I rarely use 75% of the effects the Force has and really wish they would make just a few critical ones top notch.

EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay, Autofilter. I would even pay for good ones of those.
By Koekepan Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:25 pm
I like a visual EQ, but when I'm mixing and mastering, I often close my eyes and listen for the problem frequencies. Maybe it's just me - though of course a really good spectral analysis tool would be very welcome anyway.

I would like a good spatialiser (which combines reverb, filtering, maybe convolution, phasing and panning) but I suspect that most people wouldn't use it at all.