Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By allreddv Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:04 pm
I am sure many already know this but I just figured this out today so thought I would mention it in case others didn't know,

I thought you couldn't use a sustain pedal with the force since it didn't have a connection port for one, but I was messing around with a Novation LaunchKey Mini and hooked up a sustain pedal to it and then tried to see if it would work while using the Force pads in note mode.

To my surprise it did. Even records its use in clips. It works both for Force Plugin Instruments, and also if using the pads to control an external synth.

I usually play my midi into the force via a Yamaha MODx but sometimes I like to use some of the note layouts on the Force locked into scales I can't play well on the keyboard. Never thought to test and see if using the sustain pedal hooked into another piece of gear would work on the pads in the Force.