Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By AndyRAW Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:43 am
Major bug in the Force 3.2 update - key group error in drum tracks is cutting off pads. I have reported this as a bug, but no clear response from support yet.

With drum tracks that have pads outside of the core 16, the other pads are behaving as if they are in a key group when no key groups are set. That is, if you play and hold a pad in the A section, then play a pad in any of the B, C, or D sections, then the first note is cut off. This is making many of the tracks I have created unusable.

I rolled back to 3.1.3, which is fine, but projects that I saved when on 3.2 are now not opening due to some undefined error. This update process has been a disaster for my current projects.

I really like the Force, but Akai need to improve on their quality control of firmware updates.
By 64hz Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:45 pm
This is why I save as after an firmware update.
By k.bab Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:48 am
I have reverted. Too much time wasted trying to get around the bugs. Quite disappointing, and I won't be updating firmware so quickly in the future. Looking forward to the new features of course...
By seiklo Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:56 am
AndyRAW wrote:Major bug in the Force 3.2 update - key group error in drum tracks is cutting off pads. I have reported this as a bug, but no clear response from support yet.

With drum tracks that have pads outside of the core 16, the other pads are behaving as if they are in a key group when no key groups are set. That is, if you play and hold a pad in the A section, then play a pad in any of the B, C, or D sections, then the first note is cut off. This is making many of the tracks I have created unusable.

I rolled back to 3.1.3, which is fine, but projects that I saved when on 3.2 are now not opening due to some undefined error. This update process has been a disaster for my current projects.

I really like the Force, but Akai need to improve on their quality control of firmware updates.

I have the same bug with drum programms.
One can visualize it very good if you go to the hardware settings page were you can set the responsecurve for the pads. Look at the padsensitivity and aftertouch. If you hold any pad in one area in the aftertouch range, and hit another pad of a different area, it will cut off the "aftertouched pad" and retrigger it on release of the other pad. Pretty annoying. I was just getting ready for a more evenly distributed drum-set. Hope akai adresses this bug soon.

It would interesst me if more people have the same issue.