Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Niktu Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:35 am
[*]
WildWIlD wrote:Anyone else having problems opening old project files? :hmmm:

Yes. I have a nice track I’d been working on. Really happy with it. Now I just get an error msg when trying to load it. Pah!!

Was looking forward to sorting the track ordering but nada. I’m going to just ignore the problem for now, move on to a new track, and hope it’s fixed in an update. Fingers crossed.
By Hoekschop Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:35 am
Just did a quick check, and I'm experiencing NO problems with the audio interface of my A&H ZEDi 10. Also, I didn't seem to have any issues with the one project I loaded. So far, so good... for me at least.
By dnkygirl Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:57 am
Spent a few hours opening projects and making sure nothing is broken. I don’t have any that use macros I will have to test. Most of my projects are audio and plugins. Taking my time going through this one looked at the Facebook forum and whoa a lot of problems with this one.
By 64hz Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:32 pm
Didn’t run in to any problems yet. I really like this update tbh. Great improvements.
By k.bab Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:13 am
I had an extensive template setup which will not load after 3.2 update.
Some older files also throw errors, whilst others open up fine...
By noNson Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:50 am
They fixed the Splice issue too!
All my synced Samples via the Splice integration are playing now.
By splicebox Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:57 pm
Causes audio artifacts when using Tascam Model 12. I had to reinstall previous firmware version. I would buy into the instruments if they could fix this.
By voonta Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:26 am
stkbrkz wrote:Hi,
Getting the snap crackle and pop out of my UMC1820 since this 3.2 nonsense.
Bought it specifically because it was renowned for working well with the force and now this.

Does anyone have the previous firmware to share?

You can get it from the force page on the akai website. https://www.akaipro.com/force-forcexus#downloads
By infamousmeister Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:39 pm
Niktu wrote:[*]
WildWIlD wrote:Anyone else having problems opening old project files? :hmmm:

Yes. I have a nice track I’d been working on. Really happy with it. Now I just get an error msg when trying to load it. Pah!!

Was looking forward to sorting the track ordering but nada. I’m going to just ignore the problem for now, move on to a new track, and hope it’s fixed in an update. Fingers crossed.

I also have problems with old projects and templates. This does not apply to built-in synthesizers. There are problems, for example, with Essential Instruments, after loading the project, the sound is greatly distorted and you have to turn on the plugin in a new way and, accordingly, hang all the effects on it in a new way. Maybe there is some solution to this problem?
By allreddv Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:22 am
Just thought I would post the bugs I have run into since updating.

1. Most of my old projects don't work. Some full on crash the unit completely and need to unplug the unit in order to reboot. My projects all have midi mapping and have midi and audio tracks routed to external hardware so that probably has something to do with it, but still sucks because I basically can't use any old project.

2. My old templates kind of work but the macros and midi mapping are a mess. I will need to rebuild the templates.

3. Upon boot up some of my hardware units connected via USB don't show up as devices. I will shutdown and reboot again and sometimes everything is fine and sometimes not. Never an issue before 3.2 so this is related to 3.2

4. My mid/sync settings do not reload from last state on reboot, I need to go into midi/sync settings each boot up and set everything up. I have many devices so this is a pain and again this wasn't an issue before 3.2.

5. In step sequencer screen mode the bottom row of buttons overlap so there is no way to scroll to more bars because the option has the track select button over top of it so there is no way to advance to see more bars than the 8 on the first page.

6. There is now a grey bar on the left hand side of the matrix screen that cuts into the clips. It looks almost like it would be a scroll bar like in a browser window. It is the size of two clips so you will see that there is a notch cut into two clips now on the metrix view. I have seen this on YT videos also for those that have updated.

7. This one is weird, when I was adjusting volume using a slider on a Akai Midimix that was mapped to a volume slider for a track it would open a new screen which would show all my tracks in a vertical layout with a virtual keyboard for each track where you could set keyboard splits. This must be some hidden functionality that for some reason was being accessed by using that midi slider. I have a picture of it, tried to embed it here but didn't work, I will post a link for dropbox download in case someone is interested in seeing it. Really strange.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zbyf6fbbp2l7jh6/AAD4hF0BGhrDOMfW0LVwVUm8a?dl=0

I am sure I am going to find many more but have not really been able to use the Force much as I am constantly rebooting and trying to get things to work as they were. I may just go back to 3.1 until 3.2 is more stable.
By Hoekschop Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:07 am
That screenshot looks like you can set up key-ranges for your tracks separately :-) It was something from the MPC-update 2.11 that I was hoping would make it to Force. Might be an easter egg instead of a bug :wink:

I need to go into midi/sync settings each boot up and set everything up. I have many devices so this is a pain and again this wasn't an issue before 3.2.

That sucks, will test this when I have time this evening. If so, I'll be reverting back to 3.1.
By k.bab Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:29 am
Trying to remap my Akai Midimix after my templates failed due to firmware update...

The Midimix is automatically assigned to control volume for each track, even in an empty project.

I have NO midi mappings, yet the midimix still controls the volume of tracks?

So if I assign a midi knob to any param, it will end up controlling that param AND the default track volume!

Am I missing something?