Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Agustinsound Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:06 pm
Hello, I am writing to you to inquire about the following. Why when I trigger clips with Drum track instead of muting the clip continues to play? The same thing happens to me when I press stop. It doesn't end right away, it continues until the entire sample is finished. Pressing Stop All only stops at the end of the measure. I set Time correction to None. Which helps to immediately trigger the next clip. Anyway if a line has drums and bass for example and the next line has only drums, when triggering the next line, the bass continues to sound and overlaps the new. I don't know if I can explain myself. Thank you very much.
By 64hz Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:11 am
The bass in the same track right? Program a mute group for the bass sound and put it on the first step of the clip with no bass. That should stop the bass sounding thru.
By Agustinsound Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:48 am
Hello. No, in this case there are 2 channels. Ch 1, drum rack. c1 triggers 4 bars of drums. Bd, snare, hi hat... they are in the same audio. ch 2 drum rack bass. c1 triggers 4 bars of bassline. Anyway, I'm going to try what you told me. Thanks.
By allreddv Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:39 pm
One thing you can do is to change the drum track with your clips to "mono" , you can do this on the main page when you enter "track edit" from the menu screen.

At the bottom left you will see where it says "poly" and will have 16 next to it by default, change that 16 to "mono". Now when any other pad is triggered it will instantly stop the current clip playing. This happens even if a pad with no sound assigned is triggered.
By Agustinsound Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:35 pm
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I did the test today and the same thing still happens. The clip continues to play until the end of the audio even if it launch a new row. The same thing happens when you press STOP. I have to press it twice for it to stop.
By allreddv Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:58 am
There are only two ways I know how to get around this in a drum track with longer clips loaded on them
The first is to have the drum track set up as "mono" as a described before, but in order for this to work you would need to have an empty pad triggered in the new row launch. So say you have your clip on pad A1 but in that drum track pad A16 is empty. in the new row create a midi clip that triggers pad A16 on the first beat, this will stop playback of pad A1. This will only work if your drum track is setup as mono.

Another way to accomplish what you want is to set up the pad with your clip as "note on". This means that your clip will only play while the pad is held down or played by a midi note . So in your clip grid rather than just triggering your clip with a single quick note hit which will play the whole sample, you would draw a long note for the time you want the sample to play, Then when you switch scenes and there is no longer a clip playing that mdi note then the sample will stop playing.