Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Gazzavr Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:37 am
Hello there, in a few moments ( waiting for the courier) my 2nd hand Force will be delivered to my doorstep.
I reckon it will come with the ex-owner settings and such, so I'd like to perform a sort of "factory setting reset".

What do you suggest ?

Also, the Force was registered, and we wrote Akai that states there's no "unregistration" procedure on their website....what if I want to register it in my name ? Anyone did the same ?

Thanks !
Andrea
By mrmarbury Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:13 pm
Gazzavr wrote:I reckon it will come with the ex-owner settings and such, so I'd like to perform a sort of "factory setting reset".

The only thing you can do is do a preferences reset in the Info section of the preferences. There is no real "reset to factory" thing with the Akai. But it's also not necessary.

Gazzavr wrote:Also, the Force was registered, and we wrote Akai that states there's no "unregistration" procedure on their website....what if I want to register it in my name ? Anyone did the same ?

The previous owner has to open a support case telling Akai to unregister the Force from their account. Did this multiple times and never took longer than a couple of hours.
By NearTao Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:17 pm
You should be able to register the serial number to your account.

Akai will likely keep the registration for the original owner (if they registered) and will add it to yourself as the new user. If the registration procedure works for you, then you should be good to go.