Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By acidicloop Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:18 pm
I made a 17 keygroup organ with some samples and I am trying to figure out how to best make the looping of the key when i hold it. I have loop lock on as well as zero snap. I have tried all 3 forward, alternating and reverse, with alternating sounding best. However, I still hear the pops and clicks and its not a smooth continous sound. I tried zooming in to the waveform and trying my best to match up the start and end point loop, but its just not sounding right. Am I missing a crossfade feature or something on the akai force to make this smoother?
By noNson Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:29 pm
If you haven't tried yet - chop the samples so the start an end is exactly on the zero crossing of the Waveform.
That should usually do the trick
By acidicloop Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:37 pm
Thanks, i forgot to mention also that i autosampled this in stereo. This would mean that the waveforms are a bit different between the two. Is it best practice to do all autosampled instruments in mono?
By Koekepan Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm
Mono certainly makes things easier, but you can also use a very tight fade in/out on the ends of your sample to reduce clicks.