Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By LeCracoucass Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:10 am
Hi everybody!

English is not my first language but I gonna try to be as clear as possible.

I updated my Force to the 3.2 .0 firmware.
Since then I have a problem with the expansions I bought in the past on MPC Samples.
They are installed in the "Expansions" folder, at the root of my internal SSD. Like it should.

When I open an expansion, let says for example "Electric Keys" and I charge the preset "Deep Tone", it charge all the samples and then give me this message :
FORCE PROJECT USES UNSUPPORTED PLUG-IN FILES
1 plug-in(s) were not loaded as they are not available.
Delay Analog Sync

And it does that for a lot of presets in a lot of expansions
Concerned plugins are : distortion fuzz, decimator, compressor master, resampler, peq2-ban 2-shelf, reverb small, peq4-band, compressor, reverb large, phaser1, reverb medium, compressor vintage etc...

I can still play the instruments. But it clearly says that plugins are missing so I probably miss some features. Anyway, those messages are not normal, and I want to get rid of it, to find the solution...

Does anybody have an explanation/solution ?
It would be great as I tried to google it with all kinds of sentences and wasn't able to find anything similar... :/

Thanks a lot! :)
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:46 am
Those are the legacy 'Akai Professional' FX, these are still listed as included in 3.2, so they haven't dropped support for those FX.

I am out of the country ATM so I cannot test this in my Force. The original Electric Keys is quite old now and was originally made to support much older MPC versions (1.9+). A few years ago Akai changed the way that legacy FX were loaded, but they included in an automatic convertor for all these older XPM files as part of the firmware in the mpc and force. Perhaps Force 3.2 has a bug that has broken that legacy convertor?

I have not had any reports of problems like this from any other customers, but most of my expansions now use instruments created in more recent MPC releases and perhaps they are not affected by this bug.

Could you try opening this instrument in your Force? This is from my MPC Prophet expansion and it uses some legacy MPC FX, but it was created in MPC 2.10 so uses the newer XPM format.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly5zv0kdayaas ... X.zip?dl=1

Do you get any errors loading this?
By LeCracoucass Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:23 am
Hi and thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate!

I just opened the instrument. It appeared as "Legacy FX" and the preset "PRO5 Hooded" is the only one inside (I imagine it's normal).
It load without any message. No problem.

Does it means something?

To give you a little more information, I bought 8 expansions, not that long time ago, around one year ago.

The expansions that load without problem are :
F9 Instruments
MPC Horns

The expansions that have error messages are:
Electric Bass
Electric Keys
MPC Orchestral Pro Edition
The Downbeat Kit
The Piano Suite
Vintage Organs

As you are out of the country, so without your Force, I understand that it's probably difficult to investigate more. No worries, there is no rush, I totally understand. It's already really nice of you to take the time to help me!

Oh, and by the way, I saw on other threads your answers concerning a potential Force Bible... ;)
I can just say that it would be awesome if you could make this project happen. I imagine that it's a huge work to do so, and that there is much smaller potential users than the MPCs, but it would be so helpful to have this kind of step by step support as the Force is an amazing machine but a little bit difficult to understand fully. Even with a higher price than the MPC Bible, let's say that I would invest in a second, and I am sure that I would not be the only one.
I take this opportunity to thank you for the incredible work you do for the MPC Bible that I bought and love.

Have a great day!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:57 am
If the MPC Prophet instrument works fine then my suspicion about this relating to a bug in the Force's XPM handler must be correct, it sounds like the Force can no longer load legacy FX plugins found within XPM files created in MPC 1.9, but loads them without problem if the XPM was created in a newer MPC version.

The solution is not horrible, but will take me a bit of time. I have to load those older expansions in a newer MPC version and re-save them.

I have just updated the 'Downbeat Kit' as a test. Could you log into your file bank and re-download the Downbeat Kit, unzip and replace the version you have in the 'Expansions' folder on your Force disk? Is everything loading fine now?
By LeCracoucass Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:47 am
Hi!
I did what you asked for and it works perfectly! :) No more error message when I load from The Downbeat Kit "new version"!

You did find the problem.
So you will have to do this for all the expansions?

Thanks a lot for your reactivity, problem solved!
By Lampdog Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:38 pm
Love reading shit like this!

Peeps working together getting shit done.