Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Niktu Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:39 pm
Hi everyone.

So I purchased a s/h Force that arrived with a power issue. I’ve had it too long and it’s now my problem.

Basically, it just won’t power up first go. It will come on eventually. Sometimes after just a couple of presses, but sometimes after ten. It’s hard to predict, though it seems to come on easier when it’s been off for a while. I’ve also noticed the power switch can be quite sensitive. I’m sure it’s come on where I’ve barely brushed my fingers around the power area without pressing anything. And would also get the occasional crash, making it difficult to easily get back to where I was.

I reached out to Akai almost two weeks ago but haven’t got a response yet.

I had this issue on 3.1 and still remains after the 3.2 upgrade.

I have also tried swapping out power supplies, but same issue prevails, regardless.

Does anyone know of any hidden factory reset for this machine? Or anything I could try to solve it?

BTW, I prefer to avoid FB like COVID, but is all the talk and solutions over there? If so, please let me know what groups I should take a look at, and I’ll dive in.

Thanks all.
By 64hz Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm
You should call Akai. I never had an email answered.
By 64hz Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm
Gearspace has a pretty active force thread btw. Don’t use fb so don’t know anything about that.
By Niktu Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:47 am
Sincere thanks for the tips. Think I might just have to go “official” and bombard all Akai help pages, email addresses, support tickets, phone numbers, etc until I get a response I suppose.

I’m in Australia, so I might have to start with Electric Factory and see where they palm me off to.

And so it begins…
By Inti Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:44 pm
Hello.
I had the same kind of problem...
I managed to solve it like this:
disconnect the cable at the level of the transformer box, keep pressing power, and at the same time reconnect the cable on the transformer side.

for my case, I had the impression that the internal capacitor was not able to fill up....
By Niktu Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:40 am
Thanks for your suggestion, but I’m not sure if I’m fully understanding the process.

To recap my process:
I begin with no power. I plug it in, and without pressing anything, it tries to start up automatically, the moment I plug it in. Pads light up, screen comes on, but then blinks completely off. So it’s trying to start up, but just blinks out when I first plug it in.

Then if I sit there and press on and off, and after every press, I have to wait a few seconds to see if the blue “Force” screen lights up, then I have to wait to see if it powers up, or blinks out again. Then repeat until it starts up.

As I understand your suggestion:
I unplug it, press the button several times, say a dozen or so times while still unplugged, then I hold down the power button while I plug it in to power. But I just get the same problem.

Have I understood you correctly?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Cheers.
By Inti Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Hello.
just keep pressing the power button, and then plug in the plug.

doing it several times was useful in my case, because it turns on, and turns off after 1 minute...
By Niktu Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Unfortunately, this didn’t work for my problem, but sincere thanks anyway. I’ll pursue Akai in earnest in the new year, but I’d appreciate any other suggestions from anyone else in the mean time. Merry xmas everyone. Cheers all.