Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Nickt999 Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:44 am
New to this and really enjoying the journey and steep learning curve.

I have Akai Force, Tascam 12 and iMac running VPS Avenger.

What is the best way to capture / record Avenger output into the Force?

USB Audio out of iMac not the Tascam and then sub bus out off the tascam into sampler on Force capturing as an audio track which I then edit etc?

or, could I use midi out of Force to iMac to trigger Avenger and then sample/capture audio into Force?

or am I talking rubbish and there is a better / easier way to do this.

Thanks for reading this
By Koekepan Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:41 pm
It really depends on what you want to do.

You might find that sampling your preferred sounds into the Force as a keygroup makes the most sense.

If you really want it offloaded, why not just record it elsewhere? The Force isn't a great MTR, and you could use the Tascam's internal recording capability - copy that across to the Force as a set of stems, and manipulate it there.
By EnochLight Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:44 pm
Nickt999 wrote:I've found that if I record direct into Ableton then export the file as a wav and copy to force directory - seems to do the job ok and a bit easier.

How is this easier than Autosampling your VPS Avenger presets? :hmmm: Or are you talking about a whole recorded track?
By 64hz Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:53 pm
I just record my synths in to audio tracks. I’ve used autosampler to sample single notes but when playing self or a sequence recording in audio tracks works for me.
By Nickt999 Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:51 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Nickt999 wrote:I've found that if I record direct into Ableton then export the file as a wav and copy to force directory - seems to do the job ok and a bit easier.

How is this easier than Autosampling your VPS Avenger presets? :hmmm: Or are you talking about a whole recorded track?

As I said - I'm new to this so I'll try your method. I thought auto sampling was just for sampling sounds from a synth but I'll try it as see. Every day is a learning day!