Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By dnkygirl Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:08 am
Ultros wrote:3.2.1 has a plugin leak in it lol. I ended up finding 4 new hidden plugins in that firmware which have subsequently been patched out in later revisions.

Curious about the new plugins.. did it list them by name? I sure hope they are not rehashes of the same basic stuff like pianos, ep pianos... strings. We all have enough basic sounds.. in key groups and in the existing free plugins included along with the ones they made paid ie. fabric xl... etc. More flavor pro, opx, mini d innovation types.
By Jeruro Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:18 pm
dnkygirl wrote:
Ultros wrote:3.2.1 has a plugin leak in it lol. I ended up finding 4 new hidden plugins in that firmware which have subsequently been patched out in later revisions.

Curious about the new plugins.. did it list them by name? I sure hope they are not rehashes of the same basic stuff like pianos, ep pianos... strings. We all have enough basic sounds.. in key groups and in the existing free plugins included along with the ones they made paid ie. fabric xl... etc. More flavor pro, opx, mini d innovation types.

Multi tap delay
Vintage filter
Chrous
Delay Pro
By 64hz Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:39 pm
I would love some step sequencer updates tbh. Probability for instance is a pain in the but to use. Let me
Hold a step and edit anything I would like to and remember that for that step. Pretty please. Make it scroll with the timeline. Pretty please. And so on.
By Vfire77 Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:37 pm
WOW I finally can arrange the tracks.....just been waiting for that for years!
By K. Rah Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:17 pm
Looking forward to this update! Anybody know if the sync-in “tempo change error” has been fixed?
By Koekepan Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 pm
Same as it ever could: set a clip to whatever length you require, add whatever sounds please you as a metronome, go wild.

Or just use arithmetic.

I'm pretty sure that I told you this before.
By BuleriaChk Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:50 am
I think you are right; It does have loop length by beats as far as I can tell (Idon't have one , but for some reason I never saw the menu that has that on it when I was testing it.) If so, my bad, and if I can delete my posts on the topic I will do it.

I use 3/4 preetty much exclusively, and was very, very frustrated when I couldn't find a way to do it on the Force, whn I could do it easily on every other controller I own, Maschine, Push, Fire, MPC Live - no issues with any of them, including MPC 2.0 software. At the time, it didn't make sense that one couldn't transfer triple meter midi and audio back and forth between these DAW/s.

I remember being so frustrated because the Force seemed in every other way exactly what I wanted - a standalone clip launcher where I could program clips in desktop MPC and transfer them easily to Force.

Maybe I'll jump in and try it again. I love Ableton, but the Push 3 standalone isn't as portable as I"d hoped. Still, I have been with Ableton a long, long time, from the very beginning, so I'll keep it on principle.
By Koekepan Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:59 am
Stick with the Push 3.

The Force is big, bulky, has no battery, and to make it loop by beat you have to go to the trouble of configuring a clip and setting its loop length manually. This is a ridiculous burden to which you would have to subject yourself, and far beyond what any reasonable person could be expected to bear.

The Push 3 at least has a battery, and is a lot more portable. You'll be happy with it. Just stay where you'll be happy.