Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By fmq75 Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:52 pm
on a side note: loading the same mpc project in force takes WAY longer to open.

49 sec vs 1:23 min (One with SD card vs SSD, both Sandisk)

And the project is already saved as a force file
By Hoekschop Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:10 am
Nice that they finally listened and implemented sorting of effects!

And luckily, again no problems with my audio interface (A&H ZEDi-10).
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:27 am
fmq75 wrote:on a side note: loading the same mpc project in force takes WAY longer to open.

The Force browser is very much slower than the MPC as it seems to be performing an additional step for each file loaded, has been this way since disk streaming was introduced. If you have a sample heavy program (e.g. containing 200+ samples) the Force can take three times longer to load it compared to an MPC. It's not the size of the samples, it's the number of samples that's the bottleneck.
By fmq75 Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:35 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
fmq75 wrote:on a side note: loading the same mpc project in force takes WAY longer to open.

The Force browser is very much slower than the MPC as it seems to be performing an additional step for each file loaded, has been this way since disk streaming was introduced. If you have a sample heavy program (e.g. containing 200+ samples) the Force can take three times longer to load it compared to an MPC. It's not the size of the samples, it's the number of samples that's the bottleneck.

That‘s disappointing to be honest. I expected faster loading times compared to my One. The project i tried is really not THAT big.

Thanks for the explanation
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 am
Disk speed is mostly irrelevant in my experience as the browser bottleneck is causing a proportionally higher delay per file than any disk speed concerns. A class 10 SD card loads in a similar time to an SSD drive as I found here:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/standalone-mpc-disk-options/

I need to create a follow up to that article, especially as I've been working on something that significantly reduces load times for programs, as mentioned here:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=213666&p=1856618#p1856618
By EnochLight Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:45 pm
Nickt999 wrote:Just turned on my force too be greeted with update 3.2.1
I can't find any reference to what this consisted of.

Any ideas out there?

Found this on the Force product page download section:

New Features

• You can now load MPC projects into Force
• Each sequence is loaded as a new row in the clip matrix.
• Programs are imported as tracks.
• In an MPC2 project where more than one tracks' destination was the same
program, Force imports these as additional MIDI tracks and the Send To field
is used to send the MIDI from them to the first track.
• Inserts in a channel strip can now be reordered.
• If the factory Demos have been deleted, the New Project dialogue now shows a blank
Demos row.

Stability and reliability

• Saved projects containing CV tracks will now load correctly
• There is no longer a delay when recording into the Looper
• Sample name is now retained after renaming and processing in Sample Edit
• Note Repeat no longer misses the first beat of each bar when recording into a new clip
• Note Repeat now adheres to velocity set via 16 Levels mode correctly
• Track Mode Knobs layout has been corrected for DrumSynth:Multi
• Crash no longer occurs when using Flatten on Audio track in arrange with low
memory
• Disk Space error no longer occurs when recording multiple audio tracks with space
available
• Changing tracks or using TC Quantize no longer causes Grid View to reset viewport
• Copy Events now shows all audio regions after copying multiple at once
• Step Sequencer FKeys no longer overlap when holding Shift
• Tap & hold menus now have white borders
• FKeys are now hidden in List Edit whilst recording into a clip
Known issues for this release
• We are aware of and investigating audio stability issues when using certain third party
audio interfaces with Force
By misterflibble Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:18 am
Nickt999 wrote:Known issues for this release
• We are aware of and investigating audio stability issues when using certain third party

Holy crap, they FINALLY acknowledged this issue! Man, if they get audio interface support working with my XR18, I’m going to take back all the bad stuff I’ve said about Akai on that topic the last two years.
By B-Wise Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:05 pm
misterflibble wrote:
Nickt999 wrote:Known issues for this release

Holy crap, they FINALLY acknowledged this issue! Man, if they get audio interface support working with my XR18, I’m going to take back all the bad stuff I’ve said about Akai on that topic the last two years.

I bet they wouldn't even acknowledge this type of bug if they didn't already have some sort of fix - so this is may a way tell us:
"Hey don't lose hope or sell your Force because of this reason just yet...we got ya'll"...but we'll see :popcorn:
By vf1 Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:59 am
What's the audio issue? I'm using a Tascam 12 and have a glitchy sound every so often, but bought it used so not sure if it's the mixer or this issue :lol:
By Koekepan Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:27 pm
At this rate I think that I'll be waiting for 3.2.2.

No rancour on my part, I'm just not seeing any must-haves and I'd rather not have glitchy audio through an interface.
By Ultros Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:16 pm
3.2.1 has a plugin leak in it lol. I ended up finding 4 new hidden plugins in that firmware which have subsequently been patched out in later revisions.
By Inti Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 am
Hi all !
So, this 3.2.1, did it fix 3.2 ????
I waited until then to install it (3.2) in view of the first bug reports'', but when is it today with a little hindsight?!?!?!?!
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Sincerely, Alban.
By dest4b Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:41 am
Is there any way to exclude a Track from Solo.
I have one direct out on my UMC1820 with audio impulse for my ERM Multiclock.
It is running perfectly in sync to my external gear since i have done that.

But if i Solo any other Track the ERM multi is stopping becuase the signal is muted.

Is there any way .. i exept not .. to exclude the track from Mute ?

If not its time for a feature request :D
By 64hz Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:08 am
I would say mute everything except those two channels or first solo one channel and unmute the other one.