Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Nickt999 Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:04 pm
Just turned on my force too be greeted with update 3.2.1
I can't find any reference to what this consisted of.

Any ideas out there?
By NearTao Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:26 pm
Downloaded the 3.2.1 Force Guide:

New Features
* Import MPC Projects (can now load MPC projects into the Force)
* Workflow improvements (can now reorder insert effects in the channel strip)

Sounds cool!
By 64hz Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:21 pm
Happy I saved my MPC projects!
By bM3w Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:27 pm
One of my old projects that failed to load since 3.2 is now loading fine. Looks like they fixed that bug :worthy:
By djpunchfuck Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:39 pm
oh good I always wondered why something simple like reordering inserts wasn't present. glad they added it.

reordering mixer tracks next please
By 64hz Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:44 pm
Tried loading some MPC projects but it seems hit and miss. Had a couple of freezes.
By EnochLight Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:49 pm
MPC Clip Programs get imported as Drum Programs onto Force, which is freak'n clever. I always found the Clip Program editing on MPC painfully limited. Now as a Drum Program, it unlocks all of the envelope, filter, and effects. NICE!!! :worthy:
By B-Wise Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:49 pm
Akai is on a roll!
Now the main thing they need to fix is the audio-interface distortion mess & it's 44.1k limit.
But the MPC project loader came right on time for me since I'm about to transfer about 60 MPC-2500 beats into the Force, so now I can't stop procrastinating having to MIDI record all them tracks...still the filter setting don't match but this is a major work booster 8)

What other features do anyone feel is still needed?
By 64hz Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:38 pm
Being able to see which notes are under the keys on the screen. Like pad perform on the mpc.
By B-Wise Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:55 am
Can't load MPC-2500 Project file. Well it loads the tracks but not the clips. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so can someone check if works for the older gen MPC's. :hmmm:
By Csé Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:26 am
The " Force as soundcard" problem still stands!!!!!
By coffeesounds Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:21 pm
B-Wise wrote:Can't load MPC-2500 Project file. Well it loads the tracks but not the clips. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so can someone check if works for the older gen MPC's. :hmmm:

My understanding is that it can only load current MPC projects, not the old ones. Perhaps open the 2500 project in MPC app, save it as the new format and then try loading it in Force?
By Linen Associate Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:14 pm
Beringer UMC1820 I/O still works fine for me after update. I wish Akai would integrate the Force into the MPC2 software though.