Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Ronnymonkey Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:14 pm
I recorded the click track from the force and live to cubase at 128 bpm.
Mpc Force: After 73 bars we have an 8 mili second lag.
MPC Live: After 73 bars we have a 10 milisecond lag
(2 minutes and 15 seconds into the track)

After 8 bars they are both 1 milisecond late.

All the best,

Ronny
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:58 pm
What are you comparing to? 1 millisecond late compared to what? How do you tell if one is too late or the other is too early? In my tests the Force's sequencer timing in its audio output has been spot-on steady, not fluctuating at all, just as you'd expect from a modern DAW in a box.
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1852205#p1852205 See picture titled "Akai Force audio output 120 bpm 4ppq (1/16th notes)" That's the Force's internal sequencer playing a steady 1/16th click, and it is really steady. The plotted test period was a little over 30 seconds.

If your problem is that Akai's 128 BPM speed is slightly different from the Cubase system's 128 BPM speed, then that's inevitable and that's how the world works. Even audio clocks can have slightly different speeds and you need to sync the clocks, if you want them to operate with digital audio I/O. One device has to be a master, and the others are slaves. Now you're trying to sync sequencer clocks, which are several orders of magnitude slower than audio clocks (120 per minute vs 60*44100 = 2 646 000 per minute, or even if you think 96ppq, that's still only 120*96 = 11520), but the need for syncing is the same. There has to be one master clock and all others are slaves, syncing to the master.

What is your actual problem here, what exactly are you trying to do, what happens when you do it, and what do you expect to happen?