Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By felixtv Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:21 pm
From the 3.2.1 New Features list:
"If the factory Demos have been deleted, the New Project dialogue now shows a blank Demos row".

Does this mean that finally I can get rid of ALL those preinstalled factory content trash samples? I want only my samples on my Force, am I still asking too much or is it real to delete all of factory sounds without system errors and bugs as consequence?
By 64hz Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:04 am
My guess is that your using some sort of hd or sd card to store your samples. Why is it so important to delete stuff from the internal hd for people? Especially when there’s numinous warnings on the net to not do it?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 am
From the release notes it sounds like they've now implemented an official method of dealing with missing demos, so I would assume it's now safe to delete the demos on the Force (not the MPC). Not tested this myself though, so YMMV.

But I agree, too much fuss about 'freeing up space' on the internal disk. The internal disk is just a generic micro SD Card, just put a large capacity SSD drive inside and save to that. The only advantage of saving to the internal disk is convenience as I believe it's the default option given for a new project. Eventually it's still going to get full pretty quickly so deleting demo files is only a short term fix, a 4TB SSD is going to take years to fill, if ever.

They should really give the option to change the default save location.
By felixtv Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:38 pm
For me it's absolutely not about freeing space in disk. I just extremely don't like those loops and sounds, this preinstalled factory trash and I don't want to hear those sounds each time I am trying to use browser.