Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By acidicloop Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:11 am
How is the cooling unit inside Akai Force. I play outdoor gigs in Texas and it can get pretty hot. I want to make sure the Akai Force doesnt overheat
By NearTao Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:00 pm
The specs I just googled are operating temperature: 0° up to 60°C. storage Temperature: -25° up to 85°C.

So as long as you don't block airflow, I suspect you are alright.
By EnochLight Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:17 pm
acidicloop wrote:How is the cooling unit inside Akai Force. I play outdoor gigs in Texas and it can get pretty hot. I want to make sure the Akai Force doesnt overheat

it's all passive (no active fans). Outdoor gigs are fine, but keep it out of direct sunlight. Its operating temperature is 0° up to 60°C (140 F), but sitting in the sun can cause it to overheat quick if it's already a blistering Texas summer. I also find the "official" operating temp range suspect - 140F is laughably hot. I can fry a goddamn egg at 140F! :WTF: :lol: