Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Forcefull Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:49 am
Hey guys,
Im a owner of the akai force since over a year.
I use splice on my force and saved the data always on an external sd. Somehow i ended up with no more internal sd storage available ( probably a bug which downladed my splice data onto the internal sd) .

If I start up my forcce now, it says that the storage is full and a certain midi protocoll inst available to load, after i press ok i can choose normaly my presets etc. the problem is now that none of the lightet knobs are functioning. Due to that im not able to enter the menu, mixer, factory settings etc. to delete some data from the internal sd. The display works fine only the buttons wont work.

Does somebody know hot to fix that issue?
Thanks in advance for any suggstetion.
By NearTao Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Have you checked the internal drive to see how much storage is available, have you looked through any of the internal drive directories to try and see where the storage may be consumed?

We're going to be stuck speculating as much as you to guess where the storage consumption is coming from.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:37 pm
Sorry, are you saying you cannot access internal storage at all as the browser cannot be accessed? If so, perhaps consider one of the hacked Force firmwares with SSH access, this will allow you to access the internal disk via SSH, you can use an FTP client to dig around to see what's causing the issue.

It might be a known MIDI mapping bug which creates 1000s of erroneous copies of user midi mapping files in the 'documents' folder (this is on the MPC, but I assume the same bug is also present in the Force).
By Forcefull Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:02 pm
First of all thanks

My internal drive is completly full. The reason is a splice folder that somehow got saved in there.

With the new update i am able to acess the browser , mixer , clip view due to the new slide bar on the left of the screen. However, since all knobs wont work i cannot delete the splice folder from the internal storage.

My educated guess would be that the midi mapping protocoll from the force for all of the knobs is not able to boot because of the completly full storage.(?)

I will include tomorrow some pictures
By 64hz Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:06 pm
Recently started using splice. Didn’t realise it saves to the internal. :Sigh: Is it easy to delete it from internal? Never tried that lol.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:48 pm
You say the 'knobs' don't work, but you only need the touchscreen and the shift button to delete files and folders via the browser. Are you saying the shift button also doesn't work?

If so, then the SSH hack can be used to delete contents of your Splice folder, I just tested it, no problem. Here's the download links for the various pre-hacked firmwares:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ozC_ntK0j-

Just download force-3.2.1.15.tkglssh-update.img, rename to force-3.2.1.15-update.img, place in root of a USB stick in your Force, go to MENU > PREFERENCES > UPDATE > USB Drive Update.

Once installed, connect to your Force to your network via ethernet or wifi and use something like Cyberduck to connect to the Force using SFTP from your computer

Server: IP address of Force (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx)
User: root
Password: force

To find the ip address of your Force, check your router admin page ('network map' page) or go to preferences > ethernet in your Force.

Once connected, browse to media/az01-internal-sd/Splice (it might be named a little differently on the Force)
By Forcefull Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:58 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You say the 'knobs' don't work, but you only need the touchscreen and the shift button to delete files and folders via the browser. Are you saying the shift button also doesn't work?

If so, then the SSH hack can be used to delete contents of your Splice folder, I just tested it, no problem. Here's the download links for the various pre-hacked firmwares:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ozC_ntK0j-

Just download force-3.2.1.15.tkglssh-update.img, rename to force-3.2.1.15-update.img, place in root of a USB stick in your Force, go to MENU > PREFERENCES > UPDATE > USB Drive Update.

Once installed, connect to your Force to your network via ethernet or wifi and use something like Cyberduck to connect to the Force using SFTP from your computer

Server: IP address of Force (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx)
User: root
Password: force

To find the ip address of your Force, check your router admin page ('network map' page) or go to preferences > ethernet in your Force.

Once connected, browse to media/az01-internal-sd/Splice (it might be named a little differently on the Force)

Thanks a lot ill try this and let you know then.
I mean it litterally that all knobs on the force are not working, shift button inclusive. Only touchscreen i have to work with
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:02 pm
There is probably a way to boot up the Force into update mode, although it will require you hold down buttons while powering on the unit, but they might work in this instance as the main firmware wouldn't have been loaded yet. However you'll need to search around to see if anyone has ever posted what the button combo is for the Force, it's different for each unit.

But perhaps getting in touch with Akai would also be a wise move.
By Tomocr Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:25 pm
Did Akai get back to you with a workaround?
I have just posted a similar problem with mine (I found your post by trawling as the search came back with no results).