Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By nickrosa Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:09 pm
Hey guys,

Few months ago I purchased an MPC One and purchased the full collection of all the available plugins, and they’re all linkedin on my AKAI Pro profile under registered products.

Today I purchased an Akai Force to try the Ableton-like workflow and after registering the unit on my profile I logged in on the plugin page to activate my plugins and I receive a pretty disheartening message saying “Could Not Validate License From Server - You can Purchase the plugin (URL of the MPC store)”

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to deactivate the plugins on my MPC One?

Please help!

Nick
Last edited by nickrosa on Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Donkeystone Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:36 am
Me too - i have MPKey 61 "licenses" for the 3 instillations but cant do as above and FAQ says :

MPC Expansion Instruments can be activated on up to 3 devices simultaneously (including computers and MPC standalone hardware*). If the limit of 3 devices has been reached, the plugin(s) will need to be deactivated on another device before it can be activated on a new device.

*MPC standalone hardware includes the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One, and MPC Key 61.

er so have to "repurchase just for Force?"
By nickrosa Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:14 pm
[SOLVED!!]

There was a problem with the AKAI servers that has been solved overnight, today activation worked like a breeze.

FYI - I used the chat support functionality on the AKAI PRO support section of their website, the staff identified immediately the problem that was on their server side and suggested to wait until the next morning for the activation.

Thanks to everyone for your help!
By 64hz Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:58 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
64hz wrote:I wouldn’t email them but call them.

Akai no longer list any phone numbers on their site, it's either live chat or support ticket

Didn’t know that! Called them last year after they didn’t respond to my emails.