Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By jacklindien Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:51 pm
hellooo everybody

I am trying to sync my force v3.2 with the 2kxl.

I have try with both slave or master without any result. its years i use the mpc so i know how to setting the midi on it (midi in 1 or 2 for slave and midi out A or/and B for master) and i checked very well the manual for the midi sync on the Force (menu>preferences>midi/sync and also the little sync section on the top of the menu page) i tried with both on midi clock or MTC with same frame.... Nothing...!

i decided to test my setup and i can send start and stop at my 303 x0xb0x ....
they both receive midi not from my alesis trigger i/o (the MPC2kxl receive it with midi cable but the Force only receive it connected with the usb cable one the usb port 1 or 2) :shock:
I am even more lost dont understand anything haha
I asked myself if there was some incompatibility and i checked on internet in some facebook group and someone told me there was no problem with the midi sync with Force master and MPC2000xl in slave
I have checked again and again the setting and i am 99% sure there are good (1% is the hope i am just stupid and nothing is broken on one of my machine...)

is there anybody here that had the problem to sync these two sisters together?

thanks in advance guys :worthy:
By jacklindien Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:43 pm
after a week of battle i found out there is two midi to trs 3.5 cable. type A and type B. the type A is for akai products. if not they wont send everything everywhere.
By Koekepan Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:11 pm
Don't know whether the old 2000xl is up on the old USB MIDI train.

For the TRS connections, I use the ones that came with the Force. They work fine.