Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By vf1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:28 am
Any suggestions on how to fix? I have Force receiving midi clock from another device, and when I hit shift + knobs to access the macro pad grid the Force stops playing
By B-Wise Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 am
So I ain't the only dealing with this & only some project does this but I don't know what settings I need to change to fix this...So please help us.
By B-Wise Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:07 am
vf1 wrote:Any suggestions on how to fix? I have Force receiving midi clock from another device, and when I hit shift + knobs to access the macro pad grid the Force stops playing

Read page 75 & 78 of the manual for more info.
Go into the MIDI settings & on the Input Ports section; Force (that's what named it) tab turn off Control, or don't let the Force Receive MIDI Clock.

The 2nd poster kinda hinted to this but, by saying it in the form of question just makes easy to dismiss it if your not able to read between the lines :hmmm: but I figured it out so :fku: but at the same time thank you :worthy:

Hope this helps & I wish the manual was more clear about why the holding Shift dose this but...that's Akai.
Also if Control is on you can hold Shift before playing the ext MIDI master & the clip wont play on the Force which is helpful sometime.
By B-Wise Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:31 pm
64hz wrote::lol:

Nice to know you got a sense of humor but do you know why it does that?
If it wasn't for your "tip" I don't know if I would've ever solved that mystery.
By 64hz Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:23 pm
B-Wise wrote:
64hz wrote::lol:

Nice to know you got a sense of humor but do you know why it does that?
If it wasn't for your "tip" I don't know if I would've ever solved that mystery.

Honestly, no. All I know midi in aka slave mode is really wonky. I made the force master in my setup because then everything seems to run as it is supposed to. Bad programming I guess.
By B-Wise Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:41 am
I mostly use the Force as master the but the cool thing about having it in slave mode is it let's you use have tempo changes in 1 project & you can use Shift to act as a MIDI IN kill switch - like I'm currently moving old beats I made on a SP-505 to the Force so I'll record each 505 beat to it's own track & it's patterns MIDI data to a different clip, then sample the sounds from it & match it on the same pad on a Force Drum program so when I press play or a pad on the 505 it triggers the pads on the Force as well as any clip you have selected at the same time. So basically you're hearing the beat doubled up but if you hold Shift it stops the 505 from triggering the Force, this way I can match the levels of each pad on both without have to unplug or change the 505 from being the master...really convenient!

Hopes this makes sense & this is the only good thing I can think of for why this Shift feature exist.