Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Paul Giamatti Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:05 am
Is anyone else still getting the audio crackling in some places? Update 3.2.2 made huge improvements for me, but I still get that nasty distortion if I use the Tuner or the Crossfader.

I am using the ES-9, and update 3.2.3 did not fix this. I would appreciate if others could test these two features with their audio interfaces and report back. Thanks!
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:03 am
What exactly do you do with the crossfader to get audio crackles? Like, what's the simplest way to reproduce it, starting from an empty project.
By Paul Giamatti Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:35 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:What exactly do you do with the crossfader to get audio crackles? Like, what's the simplest way to reproduce it, starting from an empty project.

Regarding the cross fader, I am having issues whenever it is being used to manipulate audio in any way (crossfading tracks or mapping to some control). The most reliable way for me to reproduce it as follows: create a plugin track, add a filter insert effect, and map the crossfader to control the filter cutoff. If I play some notes and move the cross fader to manipulate the filter, the audio distortion will come in and out. It's worse/more reliably reproduced when there are a few other tracks playing, so possibly related to some amount of CPU usage.

The tuner produces that audio desync distortion whenever it's in use for me.

This is all of course only when using external audio. These functions work fine with the built in audio.
By B-Wise Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:51 am
Paul Giamatti wrote:
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:What exactly do you do with the crossfader to get audio crackles? Like, what's the simplest way to reproduce it, starting from an empty project.

Regarding the cross fader, I am having issues whenever it is being used to manipulate audio in any way (crossfading tracks or mapping to some control). The most reliable way for me to reproduce it as follows: create a plugin track, add a filter insert effect, and map the crossfader to control the filter cutoff. If I play some notes and move the cross fader to manipulate the filter, the audio distortion will come in and out. It's worse/more reliably reproduced when there are a few other tracks playing, so possibly related to some amount of CPU usage.

The tuner produces that audio desync distortion whenever it's in use for me.

This is all of course only when using external audio. These functions work fine with the built in audio.

Yeah I'm getting nasty pops when using the crossfader with filter cutoff as well on 3.2.3, tho I never used it on 3.2.2 & was gonna test it on that OS, but since you're having the same issue on 3.2.2 I might just back to 3.2.1 since I never had a problem with that OS & even recorded a 10 min jam while using the fader the whole time.
I didn't try it on a plugin, just a sample & happens more so when you first move it & when you change the filter type.

Akai please look into this!
By Ramon88 Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:38 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Ramon88 wrote:Hi all,

Since updating to 3.2.2....

Update to 3.2.3, as that's the latest version with bug fixes...

Thank you Sir
By Paul Giamatti Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:39 pm
B-Wise wrote:Yeah I'm getting nasty pops when using the crossfader with filter cutoff as well on 3.2.3...

Thanks for the input, glad I'm not alone at least!

Does the Force tuner work for you? For me the tuner is basically unusable with an external audio interface due to the distortion.

We are so close to having fully working external audio with the new updates, keep it up Akai!
By B-Wise Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:16 am
Paul Giamatti wrote:
B-Wise wrote:Yeah I'm getting nasty pops when using the crossfader with filter cutoff as well on 3.2.3...

Thanks for the input, glad I'm not alone at least!

Does the Force tuner work for you? For me the tuner is basically unusable with an external audio interface due to the distortion.

We are so close to having fully working external audio with the new updates, keep it up Akai!

I was test it out yesterday & it wasn't as bad but still there, Also if you tap it across its worse than gliding it back & forth. I'm still testing to see if any filter type or setting makes it worse.
By EnochLight Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:15 pm
Paul Giamatti wrote:Does the Force tuner work for you? For me the tuner is basically unusable with an external audio interface due to the distortion.

Force tuner works fine for me (using Roland MX-1 as my audio interface).