Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By nickrosa Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:08 pm
Hi all beautiful people,

I recently purchased an Akai force, as I wanted a better workflow for live sets than what I had with my beloved MPC One, where I have tons of projects. I did it because I wanted to load my MPC One projects into the machine. Unfortunately, my brand-new Akai Force resets every time I load an MPC One project from the SD card.

Does anybody have this problem? Is this a firmware bug?

I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks in advance!

Nick
By K. Rah Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:50 pm
Hello, I'm having this same problem.

Some of regular 2-bar boom bap projects from my MPC live/x import just fine, but I have a couple of songs that have 10+ drum/keygroup programs, and when trying to load them, the force goes black and "recovers from internal error" I thought at fist it might be plug ins that hadn't yet been installed on the force, but that wasn't it, and I deleted a long "song mode"sequence that was about 84 bars compared to 5 bars in the other patterns, but it didn't seem to help either.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:15 pm
K. Rah wrote:Answering my own question…

I had to save all of my programs to a new folder, then save all track info as patterns, then load everything bit by bit into a new force session. Works great.

I used to do this same thing when encountering corrupt projects (APS ALL in 2kxl) trying to load into 4k. It REALLY helps to know what each files is and does in case you need to go this route!