Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:20 am
New OS 3.2.3 is out, only by Wifi ATM but no release notes yet even on the inMusic Force software download list.
This I think was fastest OS to come so guess Akai wasn't joking when they said they're "working on it"...good for them & better for us!
By Csé Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:11 pm
I had a problem under 3.2 firmware. The Force doesn't work as audio interface. ( Win 11, PC).
When i go back to 3.1.3 firmware, problem solved.
The problem under 3.2.1. still stands.
The problem under 3.2.2. still stands.
The problem under 3.2.3. still stands.
By B-Wise Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Csé wrote:I had a problem under 3.2 firmware. The Force doesn't work as audio interface. ( Win 11, PC).

What audio interface are you using?
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:53 pm
I think he's trying to use Akai Force as an audio interface for his Windows PC. Which works in Force software 3.1.x, but not 3.2.x, according to what he says.
By Csé Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:09 am
Yes, my soundcard ( external usb audio interface) is the Force. Does'nt work from 3.2.x version. Before was ok (3.1.x).
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:58 pm
I installed the 3.2.3 update, because it focused on stability and initial reports were positive. Now with this software, my Force was able to produce continuous uninterrupted sound with the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen as audio interface. I recorded 68 minutes of the Force's Odyssey plugin producing a continuous sustained sound, from the Scarlett's outputs into Ableton Live using another audio interface, and there were no hiccups at all during that time. The last time I tested this, with an older Force software version, there was a dropout of about 10 ms every 30 - 40 seconds.

I did not test the 32 inputs/outputs option, and I did not test recording, only sound playback.
By jumpingflash Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:27 pm
Since updating to 3.2.3 I cannot make Ableton Link to work with any Ios link enabled apps and I am stuck with 2 pieces of hw that don't talk to each other anymore.

Any suggestion how to fix this or anyone with the same problem?
Ipad on ios 16.3
By K. Rah Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:08 pm
I downloaded 3.2.3 today, works fine with model 12, no pops or glitches. Thanks akai!
By headsnack Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:58 am
jumpingflash wrote:Since updating to 3.2.3 I cannot make Ableton Link to work with any Ios link enabled apps and I am stuck with 2 pieces of hw that don't talk to each other anymore.

Any suggestion how to fix this or anyone with the same problem?
Ipad on ios 16.3

Honestly, i haven't had much luck with Ableton Link with 3.21 either. It ONLY works with an Ethernet cable and the 2nd device being Ableton Live itself.

Akai is obviously understaffed or mismanaging their resources.
By stepcorrect Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:37 am
Force froze three separate times when trashing automation in arranger mode.
Could press play and stop w audio but screen was frozen and nothing else was responded.
After latest update
By coffeesounds Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:36 pm
B-Wise wrote:
Csé wrote:I had a problem under 3.2 firmware. The Force doesn't work as audio interface. ( Win 11, PC).

What audio interface are you using?

I have the same issue - neither of my Audiofuse interfaces (Studio and v2) work
By tailor Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:50 pm
OMG.... My Presonus Studio live 64S digital mixer is now, as far as I tried, working perfectly without glitches etc :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

64 outputs and 32 inputs, oh yessssss