Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Devontodetroit Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:40 pm
Are they compatible with the Force? I Was wondering if anyone had grabbed the old sample CD torrents from Archive.org and somehow loaded them into the Force..

Any ideas how to go about it?
By 64hz Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:07 am
It loads my mpc60 .snd files so I would say probably. Obviously it’s not gonna cost you anything so why wouldn’t you just try?
By bitermc Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:54 am
Not sure if it's the same for the force, I tried in my MPC one. Most of them fail to load, others loose all the ADSR and filter parameters.

In general, it's worth the effort if you want to keep some specific sounds. For browsing and importing everything it's just a waste of time. Most of the patches are good, but you'll have to do a lot of manual editing for each one.
By Devontodetroit Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:52 pm
The downloads I have are .iso disks.. I cant mmount them in MacOS because it says theres no filing system.. How can I load these disks and move the samples across to the Force?
By Devontodetroit Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:52 pm
64hz wrote:It loads my mpc60 .snd files so I would say probably. Obviously it’s not gonna cost you anything so why wouldn’t you just try?

I have tried and couldnt, Thats why Ive tried googling and now am asking on an Akai forum
By Devontodetroit Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:16 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Probably need something like cdExtract to read the disks.

Thanks, I downloaded it and tried to install but it doesnt work on intel macs sadly.. Ill try finding something else