Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:58 am
This one is for the Force hackers in the forum.

I love the Force and it's the best thing in my studio since I bought the digital Portastudio. I just keep running into the problem that I have large hands, made rougher by manual labour. This is not ideal for working on the touchscreen.

Is there any way of attaching a basic optical mouse to it and getting an active cursor on the screen? It would be a complete gamechanger for me, and possibly for quite a few people with other disabilities. I know that people have done all sorts of weird hacks, and I'm hoping that this one is not more complex than changing a configuration file somewhere.
By 64hz Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:17 pm
I use one of those tablet pens. I’m 1,94cm tall so I understand your problem lol.
By SOVLTRON Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:07 am
Im 267lbs with clubbed thumbs and large fingers...

I've had my force since February 2019.. i'd say that the touchscreen was a big complaint of mine up until about a month ago...

I'd say it takes some getting used to.. but im just as good now as I would be on a PC... there's a way that the touch screen works in certain windows that is NOT explained..
By 64hz Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:25 am
Explain please. :-D
By Koekepan Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:39 pm
I think that the problem isn't entirely clear here; it's not just that my hands are large, but also calloused. The callouses affect the conductivity of my hands, so while I'm sure that the touchscreen is very precise and responsive for most people, it keeps doing things like spurious selections while I'm trying to use it.

I'm sure that there are chippies and brickies out there with rougher hands, but nobody who shakes my hand is likely to assume that I'm an office worker unless they've led a terribly sheltered life.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Stylus is an option too.

Not rubber tipped, mesh tipped slides around easily.