Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By converted Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:13 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Why would you want to do this?

hi , that is why I'm asking - really if there is any benefit to having less content on the internal drive -
performance wise?

I don't save anything on the internal drive - it just contains the factory content, demos, projects, samples and obviously the OS firmware it comes with - mine looks like it uses almost 10gig with all that and has 4.5gig free
By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:00 pm
There's no benefit if you have a lot of free space, it's only a problem if you've filled it to the brim and the Force doesn't have the room to write temporary files (e.g. when bouncing audio), although I believe the Force allows you to nominate an external drive for some of these tasks.

But generally no, if you have GBs (or 100MBs) of spare room then there's no performance gains to be made, but definitely potential to cause issues by moving factory stuff around, we've all seen the reports of weirdness that some (but not all) people can get when doing this.