Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:41 pm
Sorry but the just the link but the normal way wasn't working so no video thumbnail.

From video Description:

"Lot of group/forum discussion say Akai Force can only do 4/4 Time Signature. Here is an easy way to do 3/4, 5/4, and more. Also, stack up different time signatures with the same subdivision and get Polymeter (I double-checked...Polyrhythm is the other way)

With a quick demo and then a 'from-scratch' build of how to do it, this video helps you to get more out of your Akai Force."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKpQPPQtSTg&t=2s
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:24 pm
This is how I've done it
- Set launch quantization to, say, 1/8, if your polymeter is going to be in eights, say, 3/8 against 7/8 against 13/8 against 15/8 against 17/8. (You set Launch Quantization by pressing Shift and one of the track select buttons) If 1/4 grid is fine enough for your use, use that then.
- Set clip loop lengths to the lengths you want them to have. For example 7/8 or 14/8 if you want two bars of 7/8. In 4/4 measures, 14/8 is 1 full bar and 3 beats.
- Play, record, etc.

Isn't that kind of self evident, once you see the user interface, that clip loop length and launch quantize can be set in time units shorter than one bar? :)
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:43 pm
By the way, it looks like the clips don't reset anymore when the Arrange sequence loops. I think in some older firmware versions, all clips used to reset when the Arrange looped around, i.e. by default once every 64 bars. And the arrangement is always playing "behind the Scenes", even if you don't really use it. But now the clips don't seem to reset anymore.