Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Reserge Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:17 am
It would be nice to have a linetool
In the next akai force update for the piano roll for easy drawing.
Next to the penciltool.
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:03 pm
There's a separate thread for feature wishes viewtopic.php?f=49&t=212448

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any particular improvements though. This is not an official Akai forum, just a place where users can type messages for the world to see.

For me the biggest problems with the grid editor are related to the touch screen and general uncontrollability. It's impossible to even get the damn view to stay in place.
By B-Wise Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:12 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:For me the biggest problems with the grid editor are related to the touch screen and general uncontrollability. It's impossible to even get the damn view to stay in place.

What view are you talking about?
By Reserge Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:29 pm
B-Wise wrote:
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:For me the biggest problems with the grid editor are related to the touch screen and general uncontrollability. It's impossible to even get the damn view to stay in place.

What view are you talking about?

Grid editor
By B-Wise Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:46 pm
Isn't there an option to keep it still while the seq plays by clicking the gear icon & selecting Auto-Scroll off?
Or are you talking about something else?
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:36 pm
I mean selecting notes and navigating.
- If I draw the selection rectangle even a pixel too far, the view immediately scrolls away. How do I disable that? I do not want to scroll with the selection rectangle, ever.
- Switching to navigation requires a tool change. Why? The software can tell the difference between single and multi touch. How about: multi-touch for navigation and single-touch for select/draw?
- Multi-touch does nothing, except in the magnifying glass mode. No pinch-zoom, no multi-finger scroll, nothing. You need to switch to the magnifying glass mode in order for multi-touch to do anything at all. WTF.
- There are no q-links for vertical zoom or scroll, only horizontal. Right?

Maybe I'm being too dramatic. :) Sometimes I can use it without having to retry multiple times. My solution is to try to use the grid editor as little as possible, and if can't avoid using it, I try to get out of there as fast as I can.