Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Rudeman Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:21 pm
Hi!

I’m desperately try to figure out, how I could assign a knob or the Crossfader to work as a Modwheel for a Plug-in Channel. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance ;)
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:53 pm
1. Select the Plugin Track you want to control.
2. Hold down KNOBS
3. Select MIDI knobs mode
4. If the second Q-link isn't already showing MODULATION, hold down EDIT and tap the second Q-link knob

That should be all you need. At least on my Force, plugin and keygroup tracks have the second Q-link preset to control modulation in MIDI mode.

In MIDI knob mode, the knobs are like this:
- Q-link 1 : PITCHBEND
- Q-link 2 : MODULATION
- Q-link 3 : BREATH
- Q-link 4 : VOLUME
- Q-link 5 : PAN
- Q-link 6 : EXPRESSION
- Q-link 7 : SOFT PED ON/OFF (TOGGLE)
- Q-link 8 : SUSTAIN ON/OFF (TOGGLE)
- (Q-link 9+ : Snd Control 1 ... )

Actually, it doesn't seem like those can even be changed. You can try but the behavior doesn't change.

If you want to send MIDI CC in other knob modes than MIDI, you'll have to have a MIDI Track. For MIDI tracks, the "Edit" parameter section includes all MIDI control changes. It's weird - why is this not available for plugin, keygroup and drum tracks as well.

If you want to use the crossfader for this, the only option I can figure out in the current software version 3.2.3 is:
- Create a MIDI track
- Go to macro editor: hold EDIT and tap a Q-link knob
- Go to the CROSSFADER page
- Add a macro for the crossfader so that it controls the MIDI track's Modulation CC
- Set the MIDI track's I/O to SEND TO the plugin track you want to control
By Rudeman Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:11 am
Wow thanks for the great answer!! :)
By Rudeman Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:43 pm
Yeah, that worked fine for me! But I didn’t try to assign the Crossfeed at the moment. I was just to blind to find the MIDI settings for the qlinks

Thank you!!