Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:26 pm
From the video description: 101 views Apr 28, 2023
How this gentleman skillfully built the finest stand for his AKAI Force and with no personal injuries whatsoever.

Don't sleep on the power of a good voice-over for adding quality to a video demo! :popcorn:
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:55 pm
A tilted stand is really important for the Force. Completely flat horizontally on a table, it feels somehow weird and wrong, like a design mistake. But when it's tilted and you get more on top of it, it gets much better and the feeling of a design mistake goes away. After getting a tilted stand, even using the touch screen feels much less bad.

I'd recommend trying a stand with an adjustable tilt angle, to find out what works best.
By B-Wise Mon May 01, 2023 1:39 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:A tilted stand is really important for the Force. Completely flat horizontally on a table, it feels somehow weird and wrong, like a design mistake. But when it's tilted and you get more on top of it, it gets much better and the feeling of a design mistake goes away. After getting a tilted stand, even using the touch screen feels much less bad.

I'd recommend trying a stand with an adjustable tilt angle, to find out what works best.

That's the only thing I didn't like about as well. Maybe he could put peg wholes or something in the back at different parts to adjust it.
By B-Wise Thu May 11, 2023 6:06 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:This is still my favourite stand for the Force, adjustable, stable, doesn't interfere with the front ports, lightweight and reasonably portable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DJ6ZSGH/

I got like 4 of those. To stop it from sliding around, I put either duck tape on the sides or tape down those cheap little rectangle pencil erasers. I also use this extra strong rubber band to stop adjustable latch from moving after I found the sweet spot. It's ghetto but it works :idea: :lol: