Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By NinjaPyrate Mon May 01, 2023 10:08 pm
I have a Yamaha PSR-e373, which has semi-weighted keys, and only a USB out (which works with my PC). When I plug it into the Force, it is immediately recognized, but it does not recognize the semi-weighted keys and only plays the softest weight, if that makes sense. Is this something that can be fixed with Midi Learn or in settings somewhere?
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue May 02, 2023 5:57 am
The Force does recognize and reacts to MIDI Note On velocity information (see Glossary section of the Force User Guide) coming from all possible MIDI inputs, including USB.

Open the MIDI Monitor and look at the data sent by the Yamaha keyboard when you press its keys. Then try another MIDI keyboard and compare.
By NinjaPyrate Thu May 04, 2023 2:31 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:The Force does recognize and reacts to MIDI Note On velocity information (see Glossary section of the Force User Guide) coming from all possible MIDI inputs, including USB.

Open the MIDI Monitor and look at the data sent by the Yamaha keyboard when you press its keys. Then try another MIDI keyboard and compare.

Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the Midi Monitor to see the data? I couldn't find mention of a Midi Monitor in the User Guide, or online.
By B-Wise Sun May 07, 2023 8:38 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Maybe the OP couldn't find the MIDI Monitor in the manual, because googling "akai force manual" returns the version 1.0c from 2019, and a lot of features weren't in the software yet.

Akai is doing something wrong if it's difficult to even find the manual.

:Sigh: Akai :smh:

Here's the page with all the Force download files:
https://www.akaipro.com/force-forcexus
Either click the Downloads tab or scroll down to the bottom.
After getting the latest manual which is currently 3.2.1, you should also get the Release Notes that's there too.
By NinjaPyrate Mon May 15, 2023 9:59 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Maybe the OP couldn't find the MIDI Monitor in the manual, because googling "akai force manual" returns the version 1.0c from 2019, and a lot of features weren't in the software yet.

Akai is doing something wrong if it's difficult to even find the manual.

Yep - that was the problem. The manuals I found when searching online were older and did not have any mention of a midi monitor.