Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By anscorm Tue May 02, 2023 12:04 pm
Hi!
when in sample Chop mode i can enter the "Sample Edit Pad Mode" by pressing the button with the "nine small pad symbol" right next to the name of the choosen sample.
This will map my slices to pads. But how do i bank to the next 64 slices ones i reach 64 chops?
Any help is appreciated!
Cheers
:worthy:
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue May 02, 2023 6:35 pm
Does SHIFT + OCT+/- work for you in Sample Edit Pad Mode? It doesn't do anything in Sample Edit Pad Mode on my Force, software 3.2.3.

Like if you want to manually chop a really long sample to more than 64 slices by hitting pads, it seems to get challenging after pad 64.

Well, you could of course use the SLICE+ button on the touchscreen.

OP: you can access the rest of the pads with OCT +/- in Drum Note Mode and the step sequencer's Drum Mode after you've created a drum program from the slices. But in Sample Edit Pad Mode, no idea how it's done. Maybe it was just accidentally left out, they didn't consider someone actually using more than 64 pads that way.
By anscorm Wed May 03, 2023 1:02 pm
If it is a bug i can submit it to the Force beta tester forum... So far it seams no body found a solution yet. This post was my last hopethat it is my fault and not a oversight by AKAI. Thank you all for your quick answers. :worthy:
By PlasticMatches Sun May 21, 2023 6:17 pm
Hey there! I had this issue for a long time but i realized if I convert to new drum program with the 128 chops, and then switched to note mode on said program, you can then edit slices 65-128 with the sample edit screen open. hope that makes sense, lmk if that helped or if i need to word it differently lol