Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Wed May 10, 2023 10:50 pm
This new FX can be used in standalone for the Force & MPC's. It's looks great & it's on sell. I may get it this Saturday. I hopefully they'll make a Pro reverb for standalone. Others on the new gen MPC board from this site said that it's worth it. Even Lampdog loves it, so you know it's dope :shock:
https://www.thempcstore.com/mpc-plugin-instruments/delay-pro.html

AIR Delay Pro Walkthrough:
By NearTao Wed May 10, 2023 11:06 pm
B-Wise wrote:This new FX can be used in standalone for the Force & MPC's. It's looks great & it's on sell. I may get it this Saturday. I hopefully they'll make a Pro reverb for standalone. Others on the new gen MPC board from this site said that it's worth it. Even Lampdog loves it, so you know it's dope :shock:

Can probably close this... thread already exists at https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=215862
By B-Wise Wed May 10, 2023 11:44 pm
NearTao wrote:
B-Wise wrote:This new FX can be used in standalone for the Force & MPC's. It's looks great & it's on sell. I may get it this Saturday. I hopefully they'll make a Pro reverb for standalone. Others on the new gen MPC board from this site said that it's worth it. Even Lampdog loves it, so you know it's dope :shock:

Can probably close this... thread already exists at https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=215862

I know it does, but not all Force users go the MPC page. Most Force don't even come here :lol: This board is dead so I just be trying to keep it active.
By B-Wise Thu May 11, 2023 1:20 am
NearTao wrote:A good point... sorry... I just saw the Delay Pro and my brain missed that this was the Force forum... and that Force was in the title... I'll walk myself out now :)

I've made worse mistakes on this site. It's happens & you've done enough good here & for the SP-404 to make up for it. :)
By Koekepan Thu May 11, 2023 1:55 am
Maybe I'm a bit on the cynical side here, but with the Force's ability to route sound out and back in (especially with external audio interfaces) it seems to me that there's a world of effects out there that probably flatten Akai's payware.

I call them guitar pedals.
By B-Wise Thu May 11, 2023 4:58 am
You're right, but people want quality FXs built in, too! It's best to have both options. Just need Akai to drop a Pro Reverb for standalone... Then, we can go down the never-ending road of guitar pedals as bonus pieces.
By Koekepan Thu May 11, 2023 2:00 pm
I have nothing against the principle of plugins, even paid plugins. I'm a real fan of the all-in-one, standalone thing.

All I'm saying is that for an intro price of around $40, and a presumable standard price of $50, Behringer (among others) makes some pedals that will save me a buck and work the same way with everything else that I have. In fact, Zoom makes some very affordable multi-effects that will get me there too, and do a hell of a lot more besides.

To put it another way, I think that this price point is off the mark. They're misreading their competition, especially when the concept of a studio master comes into play. More valuable for a Live user, or possibly a One, more than an X or Force or SE X user.
By B-Wise Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm
Koekepan wrote:I have nothing against the principle of plugins, even paid plugins. I'm a real fan of the all-in-one, standalone thing.

All I'm saying is that for an intro price of around $40, and a presumable standard price of $50, Behringer (among others) makes some pedals that will save me a buck and work the same way with everything else that I have. In fact, Zoom makes some very affordable multi-effects that will get me , and do a hell of a lot more besides.

To put it another way, I think that this price point is off the mark. They're misreading their competition, especially when the concept of a studio master comes into play. More valuable for a Live user, or possibly a One, more than an X or Force or SE X user.

Yes you can find better & more affordable external gear but then which ones because once you go down that path let's be honest you're not gonna just buy 1. Then, do you have the time or motivation to do all the necessary research & product testing (buying/returning stuff) ? Will you have the space? & after you find a set you like, can you resist the urge to not...umm, reconsider your current setup when something new or vintage shows up?

Quality built in FXs helps to avoid GAS for external gear to some extent. Like just last night I ended up make the crazy track using Odyssey & messing with its Echo delay parameters in real-time & got cool some what similar results. The only problem is you can't use Echo by itself. This new FX give us that option built in.

This is a dope model, give us the basic version for free & make Pro paid versions of all or the most requested plugins. Give us what we need & let us pay for the luxury that we want. Better than nothing & them doing us like pre-2017 Akai products which didn't get all these new updates