Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Ofmdrew Sun May 14, 2023 5:45 pm
This is a super easy thing to do on the Mpc and I've yet to find a way to do it on the force. I simply want to be able to change a chopped program for a different one. This way I can setup a template like I have on my mpc with all the routing, coloring and insert fx all ready to go. Is there a way to do this or is it always going to require setting up a new track? Thanks in advance for the help!
By Koekepan Mon May 15, 2023 3:17 pm
Not as far as I'm aware. That's probably the biggest limitation of the Force compared to an MPC.

If you think of tracks in the Ableton way, in which the answer is to have a track for each different synth/plugin/audio track, then it makes logical although it's not the MPC way.

You'll also hear a few other complaints, around things like not having automatic fade ins and outs around audio clips, but if you can (with appropriate therapy and supportive medication) cope with this hideously traumatic gap, you'll find it a pretty potent machine.