Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By stonecoldgroove Thu May 25, 2023 8:16 pm
Koekepan wrote:I think that B-Wise may have nailed it: the Ableton guys want in while they see an angle, and decided to play ball with Intel because of what it takes, in computing terms, to run Live. Standalone devices clearly have a loyal following, and Team Ableton wants in on that action. Their problem is that they messed up price per feature, and didn't even do a good job of identifying key features. Akai Pro, love them or hate them, have a solid handle on what a standalone device has to provide to be useful to the working musician.

Basically, Akai's product managers were drinking in the back alley, and Ableton's product managers came around the corner and started talking smack. Now Akai's product managers have the opposition in a headlock, and pulled a sharpie out of their back pocket to start drawing on Ableton's face.

Street justice is rough, man.

Hilarious!!!

Your perspective is what it is; but from personal experience, “working musician” has MANY forms.

From my perspective as a member of a few different forums because of the gear I use, Ableton pays attention to their customers.

I can think of 4 different forums where I’ve seen a variant of “when is Ableton gonna make a Push 3 standalone?” since Push 2 was released in 2015!
None are as deep as the Gearspace Force thread, but it’s a topic that comes up often amongst those who use Live.

Resemblance to my Ableton Push rig from 2014 is largely the reason I jumped on Force so fast.

That being said, even if I get one, I’m not selling Force to do it.
Why?
For one, it would be a drop in the bucket; that drop doesn’t come close to outweighing the joy and workflow that Force provides me.
The thought of the two together is just as titillating as Koekepan’s dirty weekend scenario.
By B-Wise Fri May 26, 2023 4:43 am
The only thing that I like more about Push 3 is the MPE pads & FXs, but it's made more for software-first users, but I'm a hardware first dude, so the Force is better designed for that.

Speaking of GearSpace someone said that the Force can record the polyAT from their Hydrasynth which isn't common. So hopefully Akai will step it up even more & add MPE pads to Force 2. I don't see how they couldn't since it's becoming more popular.

They don't need to release it no time soon because of Push 3, though sometime next year in 2024 would be nice, I could wait longer if they keep upgrading it & releasing more plug-ins like a better reverb.

"The dirty weekend" :lol: if u know u know & since most ppl won't ever read this thread they will never know, nor get any future inside jokes & I'm sure there will be many :mrgreen:
By Koekepan Fri May 26, 2023 5:43 pm
I am humbled, truly humbled by this outpouring of love for my contribution to Akai lore. I would like to thank my parents, and my agent, and....

*gets dragged off by burly men in suits, sunglasses and earpieces*
By B-Wise Fri May 26, 2023 8:07 pm
Koekepan wrote:I am humbled, truly humbled by this outpouring of love for my contribution to Akai lore. I would like to thank my parents, and my agent, and....

*gets dragged off by burly men in suits, sunglasses and earpieces*

Damn that's messed up how they manhandled you in the middle of what I'm sure would've been the greatest acceptance speech in Akai history, but I'm sure your parents, (especially your dad) are extremely proud of your great accomplishment. :worthy: :nod:
By Koekepan Fri May 26, 2023 11:51 pm
Yeah, they didn't even let me finish.

Kanye would have let me finish.

But returning to the main topic, I did a deep dive on the Push 3, and I'm kind of amazed that they want to call it standalone. You have to prep everything on a computer and cross-load it. It's kind of a delivery/performance tool rather than a creation tool.

After watching Loopop's video through, in detail, I felt really good about having the Force.
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 5:03 am
Koekepan wrote:Yeah, they didn't even let me finish.

Kanye would have let me finish.

But returning to the main topic, I did a deep dive on the Push 3, and I'm kind of amazed that they want to call it standalone. You have to prep everything on a computer and cross-load it. It's kind of a delivery/performance tool rather than a creation tool.

After watching Loopop's video through, in detail, I felt really good about having the Force.

Those burly men got Ye on their special do not let into building list so he wouldn't be able to help you finish. But I bet that that Asian pimp would. :nod:

Anyway, I saw that demo & felt the same way. It's standalone-ish at best with some really nice features, but in the end, "the Push 3 - is not for me" (said in the style of an American political slogan) :lol:
By mrmarbury Sun May 28, 2023 2:43 pm
Koekepan wrote:But returning to the main topic, I did a deep dive on the Push 3, and I'm kind of amazed that they want to call it standalone. You have to prep everything on a computer and cross-load it. It's kind of a delivery/performance tool rather than a creation tool.

Yep. Didn’t even dive that deep because it didn’t let me. At the moment the Push is mainly shallow waters of loads of potential. Let’s meet here in like 1-2 years and have another look. Until then it’s best to not worry that the Push will take over the scene.
By Lampdog Mon May 29, 2023 1:13 am
Fa real, you looked it up? You playin’ right?
By B-Wise Mon May 29, 2023 8:54 am
Lampdog wrote:Fa real, you looked it up? You playin’ right?

Maybe :|
By mrmarbury Mon May 29, 2023 11:01 am
B-Wise wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Fa real, you looked it up? You playin’ right?

Maybe :|

Does this call for a sad trombone moment? :-D