Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By DokBrown Wed May 24, 2023 6:23 pm
I was gonna record from my MPC LIVE to FORCE to take advantage of crossfader/decks A&B. This standalone push really makes me take another look at the AKAI FORCE.
This thread is STRICTLY to note recording/arranging benefits & disadvantages. POST any general comments on the push 3 on the chat already started.

AKAI FORCE vs PUSH [standalone]

1 thing I do know is I will NEVER sell my MPC LIVE.
I do not intend to back to ABLETON, I found the software overwhelming.
I am actually selling my Steinberg ur44 on ebay if anyone is interested
By DokBrown Wed May 24, 2023 6:25 pm
My thoughts as of 5/2023[subject to change with updates & more info]
[+]I still think I will stick with the FORCE b/c I know the AIRFX well & can crossload my drum/clip programs.

[+]The FORCE also has the bigger screen. I doubt the new PUSH will ever properly be able to display linear recording/ “arranger view” with that dinky screen. They should have made the screen bigger if this unit was truly meant to be standalone.

[-] nothing matches the full ableton “arranger vs clip” view. If you still want to use a PC or MAC, the PUSH 3 is the clear winner.

[-] for people who just want to DJ live, I suspect PUSH 3 will be the winner with better warp algorithms/options & 8GBram. 
Last edited by DokBrown on Wed May 24, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By B-Wise Wed May 24, 2023 7:36 pm
DokBrown wrote:[-] nothing matches the full ableton “arranger vs clip” view. If you still want to use a PC or MAC, the PUSH 3 is the clear winner.

You can kinda fake it by creating a row of blank of clips on row 8, which can be moved down later if needed. This blank row acts as divider. All the clips above it are your "clip-pool" & below it is where you paste copies from the clip-pool to make "pre-arrangement" that you can section off by creating another row of blank clips. Any new clips made in these pre-arrangement sections should be copied to the clip-pool if you think you'll use it again & just to have a default backup copy of it before you start editing it. Once you've made a pre-arrangement you like, record it into the Arranger.

This method allows you to test out many different compositions possibilities at the same time in a some what organized way & based on how you work you can even have different beats on 1 project.