Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By blaqwhole Fri May 26, 2023 5:05 pm
Greetings,

After connecting a Soundcraft Signature MTK12 to the Force, I am noticing an issue. The additional inputs and outputs are recognized fine, but the sends/returns on the Force no longer work. Is this how it's supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

For example, I have two tracks running and being monitored (Vox on one and an external synth on the other). While trying to apply a send/return effect from the Force (Air Reverb) to an input track, there is no signal from the return. Am i doing something wrong or are the internal sends/returns disabled? Thanks for any help or feedback.
By B-Wise Fri May 26, 2023 8:10 pm
I don't know but you may want to post this in the MPC section to get more ppl to help since it's kinda dead over here. :?
By blaqwhole Fri May 26, 2023 10:53 pm
It's all good, thanks. I took a look around, I think that's how it's supposed to work. Apparently, the internal mixer's audio ins and outs are disabled in favor of the connected interface/external mixer. When I connected the mixer, the sends/returns are disabled for ALL tracks including internal plugins. I guess I'll just go back to my previous setup.