Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SlingT1ng Sun May 28, 2023 1:43 pm
From Clip Mode -> Edit takes you to the GRID EDIT a screen where you can select Copy Track. This will present you with another screen where you select the ‘Copy Contents of’ (source track) and the ‘Over the contents of’ track (destination track), I am unable to select any other track for the source track, It appears to only allow track one. Also, when you ‘DO IT’ nothing happens and if you try to copy/paste a clip into the track it fails with no error.

The copy track option works where you use the COPY button and the selected track etc.

Maybe I am doing something incorrectly?
By biobit Mon May 29, 2023 3:30 am
I have also been scratching my head about this function. I first noticed it about 6 months ago after firmware update 3.2.0, but it could have existed longer. Like SlingT1ng said I can only get it to copy the contents of track ONE to another track even if I select another track in the "copy content of " drop down box. It doesn't seem to matter what track I am in when using the function either. It does copy the track information of track ONE though but not any clips. Whenever I have played around with this function it behaves strangely. Audio tracks do not show up in the copy to box but if I go to the copy from box and select an audio track, boom it shows up in the copy to box.. Also if I do the same and select any submix, return or output in the copy from box the copy to box defaults to "submix 1" every time.
After reading what SlingT1ng said about copy/pasting clips into the newly copied track failing. I tried it... and the clip ended up coping into the wrong track!

I cannot find this function anywhere in the Force manual, but I see a very similar looking function in the MPC X, Live, One manual (I do not own an MPC).

What's up?! Am I Missing something?