Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Andy_R Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:48 am
Sorry if this is a beginner question, but I can't find the answer in the manual or online.

I have long audio track (120 bars) that I'm triggering manually, and I want to manually trigger a midi clip over the top at bar 48 then again at bar 96.

Triggering at bar 48 is easy, I just watch the waveform view of my long audio track scrolling past, and I can zoom in and out to see bar numbers.

The problem is that when I trigger the midi clip, the Force shows me the piano roll of that midi clip instead of the audio waveform, so I can no longer see the audio file bar numbers.

Is there any way I can get back to watching the audio waveform scrolling by without retriggering it?
By Andy_R Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:24 am
Just to help out any future readers who might have the same issue, here's a bit more detail on getting the clip button to take you to the right place:

If you want to go to a clip that isn't the one the clip button takes you to, you can use the track buttons at the bottom to choose the right track, but if you want to go to a clip from a different scene, there's no obvious way to select it without retriggering it, but if you launch an unused clip from the correct scene (if you've filled the 8 visible ones, don't forget you can navigate left and right to see more), then press the track button, then press clip, you'll get to where you want to be.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:53 pm
Just curious, what is this scenario? What's the audio and what's the MIDI, and why do you have to do the triggering manually? Without knowing what this is really about, I would try to put the audio and the MIDI in the same scene, so that the MIDI notes start automatically at the right moment. Insert enough silence in front of the MIDI sequence?