Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:04 pm
From the description:

"This is the first in a series of tutorials which look at some of the Force's advanced concepts and capabilities. The envelope follower is an extremely powerful modulation tool, and in this episode I show you what it does, how to set it up, and give three examples of creative ways to use it in your music."

I was re-watching this & was wondering: How many of you are using the EFs?
What are some cool ways that you use them?
By Koekepan Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:29 pm
I don't really know - because I use them all the dang time, on things that I never remember after the fact because it's just how I do sound design.

One trick that's pretty nice is to affect the filter cutoff of a background pad by the levels of a different track, especially with a slower response curve. It lets things naturally slip and slide against each other.
By B-Wise Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:35 pm
Koekepan wrote:One trick that's pretty nice is to affect the filter cutoff of a background pad by the levels of a different track, especially with a slower response curve. It lets things naturally slip and slide against each other.

Slip and slide against each other like a Nuru massage :wink: