Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:18 pm
It's the answer to the Push 3! It has everything that you love, but more RAM, more storage, included plugins and the re-imagined surface is now in Vantablack!

We call it the DARKERFORCE.

(No, not really, but I'm seeing the trend...)
By B-Wise Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 pm
Koekepan wrote:It's the answer to the Push 3! It has everything that you love, but more RAM, more storage, included plugins and the re-imagined surface is now in Vantablack!

We call it the DARKERFORCE.

(No, not really, but I'm seeing the trend...)

But most importantly, will it have a tilt screen? :mrgreen:
By Prent Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:10 pm
You don't need tilted screen :wink: You can tilt whole unit :-D i can make a stand You need :nod: just let me know if You want :nod:
By B-Wise Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Prent wrote:You don't need tilted screen :wink: You can tilt whole unit :-D i can make a stand You need :nod: just let me know if You want :nod:

:vomit: Bye!
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:02 pm
Tilting the whole unit with a stand is easy and not even risky or expensive, and it improves usability a lot. But making the existing screen somehow turn into a tilting one, ... I'll wait for your examples. Meanwhile, my Force is tilted with a stand, it was cheap and easy. If you want to keep yours not tilted, go ahead and keep enjoying the experience.
By Koekepan Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:51 am
Some players are always tilted ...

But yeah, I'm curious where Akai will take us next with the Force. Given all the moves we've seen (Live II, MPC SE X, One+ and of course Keys) I imagine that we'll see a Force++ or equivalent in due course. From what I understand it's still viable on the store shelves, so maybe we'll get a Force Keys or similar.
By B-Wise Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:51 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Tilting the whole unit with a stand is easy and not even risky or expensive, and it improves usability a lot. But making the existing screen somehow turn into a tilting one, ... I'll wait for your examples. Meanwhile, my Force is tilted with a stand, it was cheap and easy. If you want to keep yours not tilted, go ahead and keep enjoying the experience.

Even on a stand I still want a pop up screen. Here's the tilt screen mod:
By Koekepan Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:21 pm
I still maintain that the Force could have been designed as a clamshell format, making it more portability-friendly as well as affording better ergonomics and friendlier footprint.
By B-Wise Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:14 pm
Koekepan wrote:I still maintain that the Force could have been designed as a clamshell format, making it more portability-friendly as well as affording better ergonomics and friendlier footprint.

That would be cool. I would actually prefer if Akai went the other way as well & made an studio edition Force-XL with 128 pads, 32 in/outs, 2 crossfaders, 16-32 Q-Link knobs & more dedicated buttons or a better navigate to all the different functions to cut down on all the button combos we have to do now. I know it would be expensive but would be worth it for those not looking to upgrade for a looooong time. I want the ultimate groovebox. Oh & don't forget the pop up screen! :lol: I know they may never do this, but a man can have a dream. 8)