Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By offkeye Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:29 am
Is anyone still facing audio interface issues with their Force? I'm running a Motu Ultralite Mk5 that is currently useless with the Force, pumping out mass static noise over the sounds. Was 3.2.6 supposed to fix this? Is the fix still in the works?
By offkeye Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:54 pm
Yes, I did check to see if my audio interface would work and it didn't. That doesn't tell me though if the problem is with the firmware or not. If the latest firmware was supposed to fix the problem, then that tells me I have to start looking at other possible issues. If the latest firmware was not supposed to fix the problem, then that means the problem is probably with the firmware still and I have to await another firmware update. This, therefore, brings us back to my initial question, which was whether or not 3.2.6 was created to resolve the known audio interface issue.
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:10 pm
What you can do is, set up a Linux box and try to get the audio interface to work with it. If you can get it to work, then there is a theoretical possibility that maybe some day, working support for the interface will come to Akai's Linux as well. If you can't get it to work, then there is even less hope.
By offkeye Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:17 am
Maybe I shoukd have mentioned that this motu ultralite mk5 was working perfectly fine up until, I think 3.2. I skipped a few updates and unfortunately I can't remember which version I was on before I updated to 3.2.6. When I updated to 3.2.6 though the motu stopped working. I think i was on 3.1.something before i went 3.2.6. So, with that said, it seems clear that I'm in the same boat with the others who lost functionality with the update. I understand Akai doesn't program for each audio interface. This particular interface is usb class compliant too, so it would seem to me that the issue isn't so much to do with this particular interface as it is to do with audio interfaces in general.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:48 pm
Assuming that support for your Motu was broken only once, and not like broken, fixed, broken... you can find the newest working version by trial and error. Install an older firmware exactly halfway between the last known working version L and the current version R. Let's call this version X. You install version X and test it with your audio interface. If it works, it was broken somewhere between X and R. If it doesn't work, it was broken somewhere between L and X. Then you try the version halfway between those. Repeat until you find the exact version where it was broken. I think this should take no more than five iterations. A couple hours.
By offkeye Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:12 pm
I found the solution. Turn either the force or the audio interface, or both on and off again....many times until it works. I tried turning doing this initially, but just once for each. The issue in both those cases resulted in the static still present. I gave up on turning them on and off because it yielded no positive results, thinking repetition of this would do no good. I was wrong. There is no magic number to how many times or which device will trigger the fix. I simply have to keep cycling them on and off until it works. I've found it will correct itself anywhere from the first on-off cycle to upwards of three or four attempts. Usually, around two times fixes it. So, if anyone else is getting static from using an audio interface, try turning it and the force on and off and on and off and on and off, etc.
By gearsharknu Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:20 pm
offkeye wrote:Let's try another question. Does anyone have a usb interface that is currently working just fine with the force via usb on 3.2.6?

Yes, I have the latest update and my Prism Titan is working perfectly. I have to set it to 44.1k first with my laptop before connecting it to the Force. When connecting I always power on the Titan first, then then the Force. Naturally, the Titan has it's own power, so not USB powered. I hope this helps!