Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:25 am
It showed up in the source. An easy search. They just thought that they were cute, instead of making their page ADA compliant.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:44 am
Koekepan wrote:It showed up in the source. An easy search. They just thought that they were cute, instead of making their page ADA compliant.

'Accordions' are a nice way to reduce clutter on a page, but require javacript to function and it appears there is no fallback on these ones for non-js enabled browsers (normally they would just fall back to displaying the accordians as bullet point lists).
By EnochLight Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:15 pm
Koekepan wrote:They just thought that they were cute, instead of making their page ADA compliant.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At first I was like...

By B-Wise Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:33 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Koekepan wrote:They just thought that they were cute, instead of making their page ADA compliant.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At first I was like...

:mrgreen: Akai was like screw them, they better roll their ass on home cuz we ain't got time for no ADA :fku:

Damn the red ninja is heartless. No one is safe. Who will be next, PETA maybe? :lol:
By Koekepan Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:27 pm
Screw it, I got my update. I'm cool.

Mind you, if that hacked firmware gives me mouse support, I might be shifting gears ...
By dekotora Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:15 am
EnochLight wrote:Looks like just the free effects that were included in the last MPC update. No mention of bug fixes or any new core features with this one.

Still waiting for proper warping....
By EnochLight Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm
dekotora wrote:Still waiting for proper warping....

It'll never be as good as a proper DAW. That SoC just isn't fast enough.
By B-Wise Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:30 pm
If they ever do add a better Warp I hope they don't get rid the current one, I like to use/abuse it as an way to dirty up samples in way nothing else can!
The artifacts makes it's a great sound shaping tool. Especially if you have BPM Sync on & mess it those parameters with Warps Stretch % settings. Nasty!
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:39 pm
Ableton "beats" warp algorithm would definitely be doable with the current CPU. For percussive tracks it would be much more useful than the current warbly mess. But it would need a usable transient detection algorithm.
By SakisX Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:49 pm
EnochLight wrote:
dekotora wrote:Still waiting for proper warping....

It'll never be as good as a proper DAW. That SoC just isn't fast enough.

Akai could add offline background transient/bpm detection and play the sample sliced aka REX/ACID way
On slower bpm the slice could be looped (avoiding the transient area)
No need for faster SoC
By 64hz Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:42 am
I’m finally updating. But it seems my force is completely frozen after clicking update. I’m downloading from WiFi and the screen has been on the info screen for over ten minutes now. I’m afraid to turn it off but nothing is happening. Is this normal?
By B-Wise Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:32 pm
64hz wrote:I’m finally updating. But it seems my force is completely frozen after clicking update. I’m downloading from WiFi and the screen has been on the info screen for over ten minutes now. I’m afraid to turn it off but nothing is happening. Is this normal?

No on my unit. Good luck!
By 64hz Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:24 am
I ended up unplugging it. Then ran the update again and it worked thankfully y
By B-Wise Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 am
64hz wrote:I ended up unplugging it. Then ran the update again and it worked thankfully y

Thank goodness & know we know that unplugging won't automatically brick our device if we run into that.