Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Space Cat 303 Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:20 am
Good morning
I have a problem with only 2 expansions (including essential instrument 2.0) on my Force. I load the keygroups: Lead Moog 2. Everything goes well, I compose a clip with , then if I save my project and load it later, the sound of this keygroups is distorted, as if there was a lot of tremolo , I tried with another sound from this expansion and it's the same, but if I take a sound from another expansion, I have no problem. As if the problem came from Essential instruments 2.0.
What do you think, should it be reinstalled? How ?
thank you
By B-Wise Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:50 am
Did u make sure Warp is off?
Did the same for all the places FX can be used... & don't forget about the Drum FX’s. You ma touched something in there like the Ring-mod & forget or even noticed.

If you can't figure it out you can try making a new program or copy an old Drum program that's empty & have all the parameters being back to "normal" then use the "Merge Pads" feature to easily move all the pads from 1 program the other. I don't know if that will work. I've only recently discovered the Copy/Merge feature. I only used Copy pads but I don't think that will work because it maintains all the program parameters which may be part of the problem. So I'm assuming Merge must do the opposite. Now I want to know if Merge pads will work that way - I'll test it later.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:55 am
This is a known bug, in the force firmware, it’s been there for at least two updates. It’s the firmware that’s buggy, not the instruments themselves. When you save a project it corrupts the modwheel setting for the lfo so if there’s any destinations configured (e.g. pitch) you get the vibrato or tremolo occurring.

Not sure if this fixes it but you could try setting ALL keygroups in track edit and setting all lfo destinations to 0. Amit Talwar also wrote a node js script to fix corrupted project files but the error returns when you resave the project so it’s only a temporary fix.

I think you have to be running a hacked force firmware to access the script as I can’t see it listed in his GitHub page https://github.com/intelliriffer?tab=repositories
By Space Cat 303 Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:08 pm
Thank you for your help, I didn't know about this bug, I hope Akai is aware of it and will correct it...
I'm going to try to set the keygroup destinations to the LFO to zero. I hope that I have understood correctly what to do :wink: , but in the meantime I simply resampled the track on an audio clip before saving, that allows me to move forward, that helps.
thank you :mrgreen:
By Space Cat 303 Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:44 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:This is a known bug, in the force firmware, it’s been there for at least two updates. It’s the firmware that’s buggy, not the instruments themselves. When you save a project it corrupts the modwheel setting for the lfo so if there’s any destinations configured (e.g. pitch) you get the vibrato or tremolo occurring.

Not sure if this fixes it but you could try setting ALL keygroups in track edit and setting all lfo destinations to 0. Amit Talwar also wrote a node js script to fix corrupted project files but the error returns when you resave the project so it’s only a temporary fix.

I think you have to be running a hacked force firmware to access the script as I can’t see it listed in his GitHub page https://github.com/intelliriffer?tab=repositories

Positive feedback, thank you.
I did as you said (keygroups, ALL, LFO, pitch = 0)
saved the project, restarted the project and the sound is perfect this time.
This trick works very well until the bug is fixed.
Thank you @MPC-Tutor :worthy: :mrgreen: